Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, October 6, 2017
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by the many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool paintings by Leanne Fink Art, on display inside the coffee shop this month.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:00 Blues Jam! The Blue Mountain Café is featuring Fast Eddie and Hippieman Dave, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Peacock Duo. The Leesburg Diner is hosting the musical duo, known as The Wandering Peacocks, playing a variety of contemporary rock tunes.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Court Records. The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is featuring a history exhibit titled - Rods, Links, and Poles, as the historic maps and plats of Loudoun County will be available for viewing in the Court's Historic Records room.
Location: 18 East Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music! The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Harpist & Treats! The Very Virginia Shop is featuring vocalist, Ellen James on Celtic harp, performing Irish ballads and folk songs. Plus sample our delicious Wicked Goat Coffee, roasted locally in Lucketts, along with tastes of our new yummy dark chocolate bars, handcrafted by Veritas Artizen Chocolates, in Purcellville. Plus, as always, we will be giving out samples of the best peanuts in the world – large Virginia Peanuts!
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Free Chair Mini Massages! The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house with free chair mini massages by Beth of Peaceful Place Massage. Also, Gym Lunactics will be showcasing their awesome life style and gym apparel. Plus stop by to try one of the delicious protein shakes, as this is a great recovery shop for fitness workouts with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
6:30-9:30 Tom O'Neil. Black Hoof Brewing, downtown’s newest craft brewing pub, is featuring acoustic guitarist, Tom O’Neil, of O’Neil Architects, along with singer Karen Herbert, singing a variety of classic rock songs from yesterday and today. Location: 11 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz Duo. Trinity House Café is hosting a jazz performance by the Mangione and Benton, a lively jazz duo, playing all kinds of jazz music and blues tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Singer. Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting pop singer, Taylor Jackson, on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Fiery First Friday. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring Frayed Knots, a five piece band, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. Also featuring a Live Fire Theatre Performance by Peculiarity Productions at 7:30 and 9:00pm. It's a show with dazzling feats of fire combined with the magic and mystery of circus. Plus they will be showing the Nationals playoff game on their 25 foot outdoor screen at 7:30 and hosting a Silent Disco DJ dance party from 10:00-2:00am.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rockin’ Crabs. Captain Catoctin’s Crab & Concoctions, downtown’s only Maryland crab restaurant, is featuring RowdyAce, a three piece band, playing Country and Rock music from the 70’s through today. Come sing along to the soundtrack of your life. Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-9:30 Jazz Night. Leesburg Brewing Company is a night of jazz music with the Lisa Fiorilli Trio playing raspy smooth covers of pop, rock, and jazz tunes. For those of you who think raspy smooth sounds like an implausible oxymoron, come hear how they pull it off with Lisa Fiorilli on saxophone, Patrick Fritz on guitar and Fernando Bolanos on bass.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Peter Lapp. Black Walnut Brewery is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs to include Bon Jovi, U2, Foo Fighters, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Mumford & Sons and many more.
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Laurie & Friends. Kings Tavern and Wine Bar is featuring an outdoor concert on their back patio with the rock guitarist, Laurie Mangold and her musical friends, all playing an array of classic rock songs that you can sign along to.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour! Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Duo. Coldwell Banker is hosting live music by Mosby Territory, a duo of Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica and accompanied by his wife, Alona on vocals, percussion, and keyboard. Light refreshments served.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:30-8:30 Outdoor Concert. Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with rock guitarist, Joshua Lapham, accompanied by his dad, John on the drums, playing a wide array of rock and blues tunes. Plus other fun activities and refreshments!
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with a wine tasting with the Winery 32, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. The Tasting Room at Palio is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 The Crooner. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. “Fly Me to the Moon,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” and “That’s Amore” are some of the great songs you’ll enjoy. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 History Open House! The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery! The Fine Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, is featuring a new art exhibit by artist, Kaeley Boyle. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 New Exhibit. Photoworks is hosting a new exhibit by artist, Minh Tri, with her unique paintings and sculptures on display throughout the gallery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Reception. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for painter, Andrea Cybyk, and her "Over, Under and Through" exhibit and also for potter, Yoshiko Ratliff, whose extraordinary pottery has different forms and colors of crystals on each piece. Also, enjoy wine tasting with The Barns of Hamilton Station and live music by Charlie on keyboard. The exhibit will run through October 31st.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Pulp Fiction. The Tryst Gallery is hosting their new exhibit entitled Pulp Fiction, featuring over 60 works of different mediums by over 30 artists and which will be on display throughout the month. Stop by this cool art gallery, as there is always something new around every corner. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Be Beauty is hosting an open house event and celebrating their new location on South King Street, where you can get beauty and fashion all in one stop. Enjoy some light refreshments, while you check out their cool custom foundations and other fabulous makeups along with the many great services they offer.
Location: 11A S. King St.
6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books! Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-8:00 Frozen Treats! Cultured is celebrating First Friday at their frozen yogurt and healthy soup shop, located near Mom's Apple Pie. Stop by to taste free samples of their "real frozen yogurt," which is made from wholesome local ingredients, so it's naturally tart and absolutely delicious!
Location: 212A Loudoun St. SE
Please add these ones below
- 6:30-8:30 Rosewood & Ivory. Desigher Goldsmith is hosting Rosewood & Ivory, consisting of siblings, Mayleen and Waylee, performing classical and contemporary music. With more than five years of experience, Mayleen has been playing piano for more than half of her life. Her younger brother Waylee is just as passionate and committed to the guitar, so together, they are Rosewood & Ivory.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Music, Pizza & A Good Cause. McEnearney Associates and Atlantic Coast Mortgage are proud to sponsor a fundraiser to benefit HeroHomes, which is a non-profit organization that builds houses, jobs, and communities for those who have fought for the preservation of freedom and democracy for others. Entertainment will be provided by Karaoke Michelle with pizza by Renzi’s Wood Fired Pizza. Location: 107 N. King St. (Outside in the Parking Lot)
- 7:00-8:30 Brain Health! LearningRx is hosting an Open House featuring guest speaker, Leonard A. Poe, DC, owner of Core Concepts Chiropractic. He will present "Brain Health for Children, You're a Big Kid Too!," which discusses different environmental and nutritional aspects that negatively impact brain development. Topics such as anxiety, memory, ADHD, and cognitive development will be included in the discussion. Light refreshments will be served! Location: 305 Harrison St SE, Ste 100A
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is Suzi Weinert, who is the author of three Garage Sale Mysteries. There are a number of Hallmark channel movies that have been based on her books. Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their wood shop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources. Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and fabulous jewelry. Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles. Location: 32 S. King St.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!