Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, May 5, 2017
- 6:30-9:30 Maddy! Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring mezzo-soprano, Maddie Curtis, a recent graduate of Catholic University, where she studied Opera. Maddie is quite versatile, singing in all assortments of genres, having been in over thirty musicals. She was even on Season 9 of American Idol and went to Hollywood. Maddy will be accompanied by with Calab Nei on keyboard.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Fast Blues. The Blue Mountain Café is featuring Fast Eddie and Hippieman Dave, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Guitar Students. Sona Bank is hosting live music by over 20 guitar students from Tuscarora High School performing a wide array of music, under the guidance of their music director, Matthew Dunlap.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring RowdyAce, a three piece band playing music from the 70’s through today. Known locally for playing at Smokehouse Live, they are now ready to play the big time in historic downtown.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 Outdoor Rock Concert. King’s Tavern is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Pop Music. Very Virginia Shop is hosting pop singer, Taylor Jackson, on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs. Plus local Civil War author, Eric Buckland will be there to discuss and sign copies of his series of books on the Mosby Rangers. Also enjoy the famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie from Lola Cookies and Treats, which is now available every weekend. Plus sample over 20 different flavors of crisp Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 5:30-8:00 Pop Up Art Gallery. The Friends of Leesburg Public Arts is partnering with the Mason Enterprise Center to host a pop-up art gallery event, featuring local artists - Kathleen Howsare, Constance Ivana, Doris Kidder, Barbara Wilson, Kim Richards, and Photoworks. Also featuring live music by Mosby Territory, a husband and wife duo of Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica and Alona on vocals, percussion, and keyboard. Light refreshments will be available, along with beer from Dog Money Brewery.
Location: 202 Church St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz! Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazzy and fun songs.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Julia Kasdorf. Designer Goldsmith is hosting locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. She now has a successful solo career with a focus on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rockn-roll.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with a wine tasting with Breaux Vineyards, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:30-8:30 Sister Act. The drama students from Tuscarora High School will be roaming all around downtown to promote their upcoming production of the fun musical, Sister Act. So be on the lookout for roaming nuns!
Location: All Around Downtown
- 6:00-9:00 Pop Up Pottery. The Laurel Brigade Law Group is hosting a Pop Up Pottery sale inside the historic Laurel Brigade. Come to see and buy works by some very talented local amateur potters.
Location: 20 W. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Singing the Blues. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting singer/guitarist, Dave Alan Lange, playing some raw southern blues and rock, which is also known as the American Rust-Belt Blues.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Fun Upbeat Music. Senor Ramon Taqueria, is hosting pop singer-songwriter, Zach Benson, performing his fun, danceable songs for audiences young and old. His new original EP was recently released on Spotify and Apple Music and his EP of covers is now available on bandcamp.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Peter Lapp. Black Walnut Brewery is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs to include Bon Jovi, U2, Foo Fighters, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Mumford & Sons and many more.
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Guitarist, Tony Greenfield. Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting guitarist/singer, Tony Greenfield, performing from his repertoire of over 200 songs, ranging from classic rock to country and bluegrass to some old American standards.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 5:30-8:30 Diabetes Awareness. The Loudoun Museum is hosting Brady Moineau, an enterprising middle school student, who was recently diagnosed with juvenile diabetes and is raising awareness and has started a business called Brady’s Barking Biscuits, as he bakes all-natural homemade dog biscuits to raise money to get a life-saving service dog. Stop by the Museum to meet some of these amazing special-alert dogs and to buy some treats for you own dogs. Plus the museum will be selling Nana's Cannas bulbs and heirloom varieties seeds. Also they are selling tickets for a chance to win a Loudoun County History Basket. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Local Potters. Resourceful Woman is hosting the Leesburg Vintage Potters which is made up of a talented group of senior citizens from the Leesburg Senior Center, that hand-build and hand-paint beautiful pottery items. These unique items are reasonably priced and make great gifts for all occasions. As a non-profit group, all proceeds benefit the Senior Center ceramics studio.
Location: 11-A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is presenting several local vendors who are talented artists and crafters with an event called Handmade with Love. Also caricature artist, Francesca Hillary will be there, who can make your face into a fun and silly sketch in just a few minutes. Be sure to stop by to support these local small crafters and artists! Light refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-8:30 Merlin Music. The Leesburg Diner is hosting live music with singer, Stephen Merlin, on acoustic guitar, playing acoustic versions of rock’s best songs with a high energy performance.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 UDoVooDoo! Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor concert with the UDoVooDoo band, playing classic rock from the past to today’s current hits, all with a passion for putting on a lively and fun show.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool comic book art by Angela Davis on display this month.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Trio. Trinity House Café is hosting Natural Selection, playing musical styles from classic rock-n-roll, to soul, blues, country, and folk. Natural Selection's trademark vocal arrangements produce a full-bodied mixture of sound that fills any space, from small to large.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 7:00-9:00 Violin Music. The Old Town Grill is hosting live music by classical guitarist, Matthew Mills, who composes music with the influence of Flamenco guitar in every piece.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Cooley Gallery is hosting a new art exhibit and artist reception for painter, Nihal Kececi and potter, Dana Danze. Also wine tasting will be offered by The Barns of Hamilton Station. This new exhibit of their artwork will be on display throughout the month of May.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist, Shane Hines and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author will be announced soon.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 As You Like It Exhibit. Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County. This month’s show is titled - As You Like It which features 8x8 inch pieces of artwork. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event featuring chess, art activities and a 3D printer. Stop by for a quick tour of their learning library and hear more about their children’s programs, such as their upcoming summer camps, the Northern Virginia Homeschool Conference on June 24, and leadership workshops.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-11:00 Open House! The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house event with merchandise give-aways, games, free food and so much more. Stop by to try one of their amazing protein shakes, as they are a great recovery shop for fitness with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived spring fashion with lots of adorable items to help you think happy thoughts about spring. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages andChili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Spring is Here! Cultured is celebrating the arrival of Spring at their frozen yogurt/soup shop, located near Mom's Apple Pie. Stop by to taste free samples of their "real frozen yogurt," which is made from wholesome local ingredients, so it's naturally tart and absolutely delicious!
Location: 212A Loudoun St. SE
- 5:30-8:30 Free Open Gaming. The Leesburg Hobbies & Collectibles Shop is hosting an exciting night of "table top war games" by providing gamers a friendly place to meet and compete against each other, while helping to advance players in not only game strategy, but also in modeling, painting and sportsmanlike conduct.
Location: 9 W. Market St.
- 8:30 Tribute to Billy Joel. The Tally Ho Theater is presenting a tribute to Billy Joel entitled The Stranger, which is a complete premiere tribute to the music of one of the worlds most beloved performers of our times. Comprised of some of the best and most experienced musicians in the business, this 6 piece band brings together an authentic replication of Billy's timeless music. Out front on piano & lead vocals is founder & front-man Mike Santoro, who was born and raised in Levittown NY just like Billy Joel himself. Mike also looks like Billy, moves like Billy, plays piano like Billy, and most of all, sounds so much like Billy Joel that you will be astonished!
Location: 19 W. Market St.
25 Live Music Events
10 Art Exhibits
5 Wine Tastings
... and so much more!