Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, December 2, 2016
- 6:00-6:30 Tree Lighting Ceremony. Usher in the holidays at the Town of Leesburg's Annual Tree and Menorah Lighting Ceremony. The festive ceremony will feature performances from local schools, and a holiday message from Leesburg Mayor Dave Butler and Town Council. The crowd will be invited to join in a holiday sing-a-long and then the Mayor will “throw the switch” to light the beautiful tree.
Location: 25 W. Market St. (Town Green)
- 6:30-8:30 Santa Claus! Atoka Properties is hosting Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus, so stop by to get your photo take with the jolly guy as there will be FREE professional photographs, balloon animals, light refreshments - even a prize drawing for the parents! Also enjoy some cookies with hot chocolate too.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Meet Mrs. Claus. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting Michelle from Michelle Lindsay Photography, showcasing her work and services. Also, Mrs. Claus will be helping out in the shop, so be sure to bring your own camera! Plus check out all the new beautiful holiday and winter attire!
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:30-9:30 Maddie Curtis! Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring mezzo-soprano, Maddie Curtis, a recent graduate of Catholic University, where she studied Opera. Maddie is quite versatile, singing in all assortments of genres, having been in over thirty musicals. She was even on Season 9 of American Idol and went to Hollywood.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-11:00 Rock and Blues. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is presenting the Lost Locals band, playing all kinds of rock, blues and funk; featuring a bunch of local middle-age parents.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Tony is Back! Black Shutter Antiques is hosting live music by guitarist/singer, Tony Greenfield, performing from his repertoire of over 200 songs, ranging from classic rock to classic country and bluegrass to old standards.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Holiday Tunes. Very Virginia Shop is hosting the classically-trained vocalist, Christina Summers, who will sing holiday songs, along with show tunes and opera ballads. Also enjoy Lola Cookies and Treats and their world famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie! Plus sample over ten types of Virginia peanuts and other yummy gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist, Shane Hines and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 6:30-8:30, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Guitarist. Blue Mountain Café is featuring progressive acoustic singer/songwriter, Chris Cassaday, whose unique voice and songwriting style, along with his exciting live performances and diverse set lists have gathered him a significant following around the area. You can check out his professionally recorded album "The Savannah Sessions" on iTunes and google play.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Laurie Mangold. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting live music with the singer/songwriter, Laurie Mangold, on acoustic guitar, playing an array of classic rock songs.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Folk Music. Sugar Magnolia is hosting singer/guitarist, Peregrine North, performing a mixture of original and covers of folk rock tunes from England, Ireland and the United States.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.)
- 6:30-8:30 Barber Shop Harmony. The Dominion4 Quartet, Loudoun County's premier a cappella chorus of men, will be strolling all around downtown Leesburg, singing Christmas carols, along with barbershop songs and show tunes.
Location: All Around Downtown
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Jazzy Holiday Tunes. Trinity House Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazz and holiday tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery! Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the Washington, DC region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County Virginia. Stop by to check out this cool new gallery. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Hilary Veltri. Loudoun Brewing Company is hosting singer, guitarist, Hilary Veltri, playing acoustic guitar, keys, and vocals from this one-woman show, including popular covers from multiple genres and decades!
Location: 310 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is presenting several local vendors who are talented artists and crafters with an event called Handmade with Love. Stop by to start your holiday shopping early. Also music will be provided by Mayleen & Waylee Hyett from Catoctin School of Music. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Mother Daughter Show. Photoworks is hosting a unique photography exhibit by the owner and her Mother, which will be on display around the room. Also live music with Hippieman Dave and enjoy the award-winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous home decor store, is hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this cool shop, which specializes in recycled and repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display by artist, Jennifer Ambrose Blume.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Holiday Fun! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and soda pops. Be sure to check out the selection of free books and all kids receive a special treat.
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Cooley Gallery is hosting a new art exhibit featuring Original Abstract works by Chris Cooley. The work will vary in sizes and prices that is sure to meet any budget or space. We will also have new pottery and ornaments hand made by Chris, and other local artists. Dry Mill Winery will be offering wine tasting and bottles for purchase.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with The Barns of Hamilton Station, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event during Leesburg First Friday. Stop by for a quick tour of their learning library and learn more about their children’s programs, such as the Leadership Workshops.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 5:00-8:00 Open House with Tea. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s authors is Karen Schaufeld and her two books: Larry and Bob, and The Lollipop Tree.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
And Many More First Friday Events To Be Announced Soon!