See the Event Map with times and locations to help you find all the events downtown.
at Tally Ho
Doors open at 7
at Leesburg Vintner
at The Old Town Grill
at Doener Bistro
Train Wreck Endings
at King's Tavern and Wine Bar
at The Pink Shop
Steve Loya at
Books and Other Found Things
at King Street Coffee
Hard Swimmin' Fish at the Cajun Experience
at Crooked Run Brewing
Dani and Michael
at GiGi’s Hair Design
at Black Shutter
at Stockman Title and Escrow
Different performances and special events every month! Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, book signings, and so much more!
Over 45 specialty shops, art galleries, antique shops and restaurants are open until 9pm or later,
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, December 6, 2013
- 6:00-6:30 Tree Lighting Ceremony. Usher in the holidays at the Town of Leesburg's Annual Tree and Menorah Lighting Ceremony. Join the Mayor and Town Council Members as they welcome in the holiday season along with a music performance by Loudoun County High School's Chamber Choir.
Location: 25 W. Market St. (Town Green)
- 6:30-8:30 Opera Music. Caulkins Jewelers is hosting the live opera music with Ashley Allen, a mezzo-soprano who received her Master's degree in Opera Performance and was a resident artist at Tri-Cities Opera in New York. She currently performs with Opera NOVA and is a versatile singer, who also sings ballads, jazz and Broadway tunes.
Location: 11 S. King St.
6:30-9:00 Museum's Victorian Carolers. The Loudoun Museum presents their "Victorian Carolers," dressed in historic costumes singing traditional Christmas carols, while strolling around historic downtown. The Museum will also be open with history exhibits, that showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries along with Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Also, there is tea tasting event at the Log Cabin featuring Lisa Scrugg's Artisan Teas.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Banjo Music. The Pink Shop is featuring live music with Connor Duffy, playing acoustic bluegrass and folk tunes on banjo.
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:00-10:00 Sweet Nova. Shoe's Cup and Cork is hosting the solid songwriting-performing duo, Sweet Nova featuring Amy and Luke Denton, who recently relocated to the DC area from Austin, TX where they cut their teeth at some of the city's most notable venue. Amy Denton, originally from Woodbridge, VA, has been writing songs for the past decade, often times compared to Eva Cassidy, her voice melds silk and soul to deliver stellar performances. Luke Denton, an active producer and composer for TV and commercials, rounds out the duo with his flawless piano skills, solid guitar chops, and seamless harmonies.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Alternative Gift Fair. Carter Braxton Preferred Realty is hosting the Alternative Gift Fair to help raise funds for Loudoun Cares, by patrons giving a donation to the charity of their choice in honor of a loved one. Also ArtSquare is hosting a special fundraiser with playing cards which have been creatively enhanced into fabulous original pieces of art by local artists to help ArtSquare celebrate 20 years. Plus live music provided by the acoustic guitar duo known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and Laurie Mangold, playing an array of classic rock songs. Refreshments served.
Location: 11 Loudoun St. SW.
- 6:30-8:30 Holiday Theater Show. Sona Bank is hosting theater performances by the TheaterPalooza Company, featuring holiday songs and excerpts from their Broadway Bound production along with their Dicken's Carolers.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Holiday Bazaar. Coldwell Banker is hosting a holiday bazaar featuring over 40 vendors selling items and helping to raise funds for Coldwell Banker's corporate charity known as CB Cares. Holiday music and refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Cooley Gallery is featuring a wide array of artwork by locally acclaimed artists, including pottery by former Washington Redskins tight-end, Chris Cooley. Also, wine tasting with Bluemont Winery.
Location: 12 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7:00 to 9:00 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years in Northern Virginia coffee houses, pubs and wineries. She happily donates tips from her music performances to the "Virginia Greyhound Adoption."
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:30-7:30 Show Choir. Children from the Loudoun Country Day School's Show Choir will be caroling Christmas songs all around downtown starting on South King Street.
Location: all around downtown
- 6:00-9:00 Nathaniel Davis. King Street Coffee is featuring Nathaniel Davis, playing an eclectic mix of original music along with some fun, clever re-imaginations of well-known covers of pop and rock songs with a strong bluesy influence. The coffee shop's "artists of the month" is Anne Block, whose artwork will be on display throughout the month of December.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antiques Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is downtown's newest antique and home décor shop will be hosting an open house with holiday specials and refreshments. Stop by to welcome this fabulous new shop to downtown.
Location: 2 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Meet the Authors and Artist. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. The authors for December are Britt Holewinski and her book The Fractured Road and Marie Flanigan and her book One Big Beautiful Thing. Plus local artist Steve Loya will be showcasing his Splotch Monster artwork.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Book Signing. Photoworks is hosting a book signing event with author, Mindy Mitchell and her book entitled The Lube of Life, along with showcasing their wide array of photographs on display throughout the gallery. Plus wine tasting with Lost Creek Winery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-10:00 Friday Night Sew-cials!
Finch Sewing Studio hosts sew-cials on Friday nights, which offers a fun place to work on sewing projects with others and to get help from one of the studio's expert staff. They have the sewing machines and tools on site and are happy to help you get started on a new project or with a project you bring from home.
Location: 102 W. Location St.
- 6:00-8:30 Art Open House. Gleedsville Art Publishers is hosting an art open house featuring paintings and drawings by local artists such as Catherine Thomas, Sue Kelleher, Bill Schmidt, Antony Andrews and Grant Hacking.
Location: 5 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Holiday Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is exhibiting a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain, and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 Loudoun St. SE
- 7:00-10:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi and The Piedmont, the urban blues of Chicago, and funk infused varieties with roots in New Orleans' second line. The juxtaposition of old and new is also evident in both the band members and their play-list.
Location: 14 Loudoun St SE
- 8:00-10:00 Guitarist, Tim Dugan. Crooked Run Brewing, downtown's newest pub is hosting live music with folk guitarist, Tim Dugan playing a wide range of indie songs with a bluesy influence. Also featuring a new craft beer called Heartsong Belgian Dubbel.
Location: Market Station-Lower Level
- 7:00-10:00 Modern Vintage. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting live music with the pop/rock band Modern Vintage, playing modern covers from today to yesterday and originals that move your feet, heart and soul!
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 SMOOCH Open House. Smooch Studio, a newly opened business in downtown, is hosting a holiday open house event. Stop by to make your own custom lip gloss and foundation and check out all the cool makeup products and classes that they have to offer.
Location: Market Station (upper level - near Tuskies)
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting a wine tasting event with the local winery, The Barns at Hamilton Station, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Upper Level.
- 7:00-10:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station - 3rd floor.
- 9:00-12:00 Music and Art. Chimole is hosting live music with Fusion Latina, playing a lively high-energy mix of Latin American music, which gets everyone up and dancing. They also have an art exhibit that features and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art and Music. Stockman Title and Escrow is featuring live music by guitarist/singer, Jonathan Deluca along with the artwork of locally acclaimed artist, Ruby Gulin Lambert, which will be on display. Light refreshments will also be offered.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Classical Music. The Old Town Grill is featuring a classical concert by Trinity Strings, which is a string ensemble that is primarily comprised of members of the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Leesburg. Formed in 2009, they perform a popular mix of classical music, hymns, and folk tunes.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 The Mailmen. Georgetown Cafe is hosting live music by The Mailmen, which is 3 teens from Berryville, who incorporate funk, rock, grunge and pop into their alternative music.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of local music legends, the Bordelon Brothers and Tom Allen on drums. Afterward, from 9-1am, it is open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals and refreshments.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 First Friday for Dogs. The Reign of Cats & Dogs is hosting a fun place for dogs to visit while at First Friday, complete with "Doggie Treats" for man's best friend. If you happen to bring your four-legged friend to First Friday, be sure to stop by.
Location: 13 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Fat Cat Brewery Rep. Windy City Red Hots is hosting the beer representative from Fat Cat Brewery, with a special event called “Grab the Bag from Ralph” so stop to try to get a bag with a mystery gift inside. Also try some tasty Chicago style foods such as hot dogs, Polish and/or Italian sausages.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Dance Open House. Dance King Studios is featuring an open house, showcasing free salsa, tango and swing dance sampler steps. Also, they are introducing their membership program, which is a great way to get your body moving and your feet dancing throughout the year. Stop by to find out why Dance King Studio is the most social dance destination in Northern Virginia!
Location: 26 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting a holiday open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St. Suite 100
- 8:00 Bluegrass Concert. The Tally Ho Theatre is featuring a concert of bluegrass music by The Woodshedders, who bring the influences of vintage American music forward in their songwriting. The band is known for fun, danceable shows that swerve between different genres to create exciting original sounds and this year they released their latest all-original album "Wildfire". Tickets can be purchased at the door.
Location: 19 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Alex Walker. Blue Mountain Cafe is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Alex Walker, playing acoustic alternative rock. He recently finished his first solo album which will be released soon.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Singer, Dani DeGooyer. Black Shutter is featuring singer/guitarist, Dani DeGooyer, playing acoustic rock covers along with some of her own original songs. Dani is a 2011 graduate of Stone Bridge and is currently working on her first album.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 7:00-9:00 Dani and Michael. GiGi’s Hair Design is hosting two talented college students, singer, Danielle Cullen and guitarist, Michael Stefanick, both former graduates of Loudoun County High School, playing an array of contemporary pop/rock tunes from such artists as Adele, Maroon 5 and Third Eye Blind. Stop by their new location on Market Street for music and door drawings.
Location: 11 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Big Brass Band! Designer Goldsmith in Market Station is hosting the Spires Brass Band, a traditional brass quintet, performing traditional holiday favorites to ring in the season, which will get you in the holiday spirit.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 5:30-7:00 Student Art Show. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is featuring a new exhibit which showcases the artwork of the graphic communication students from Monroe Technology Center. There will be an artist reception for these talented students whose artwork is on display: Alexis Jacuzzi, Krista Sanders, Brenda Hinojosa, Gustavo Garcia, Gabriella Sampedro, Stephanie Freh, Kelly Wright, Austin Weber, and Ramandeep Kaur. Their artwork will be on display in the Town's Exhibit Hall, on the first floor through February 2014.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Public Arts in Leesburg. McEnearney Associates is hosting an open house with artwork by several local artists and live music by October Skies. Also raffle tickets for prizes! The event is free but donations will be accepted to support the Friends of Leesburg Public Arts, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Leesburg public art. Refreshments served.
Location: 107 N. King St.