Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, July 1, 2016
- 6:00-9:00 Patriotic Rock. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting an outdoor concert by Red White & Blues, a blues and rock band from Purcellville featuring Rich DiStefano, Jim Donlon, Jeff Munzell and Eric Werling. They play classic rock, blues, country and anything with a little twang in it.
Location: 202-B Harrison St
- 6:308:30 OLIVER! Sona Bank is hosting the actors and actresses from the community theater group, the Sterling Playmakers, performing skits and songs from their production of OLIVER! Charles Dickens’ timeless characters are vividly brought to life in this ever-popular story of Oliver, who escapes from the orphanage.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:30-9:30 Teddy Chipouras. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring locally acclaimed singer/songwriter, Teddy Chipouras, playing his unique blend of folk Americana tunes. He is a recent graduate of Woodgrove High School, and has just released his first EP, Rolling Hills, which includes six of his original songs.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Violin and Cello. The Old Town Grill is hosting live music with violinist, Ted Froelich of Loudoun Valley High and Cellist, John Ortman of Loudoun County High, performing classical songs, along with some contemporary tunes.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Cookies and Music. The Very Virginia Shop is hosting singer/guitarist, Kayla Paolillo, playing an array of modern rock, pop and folk tunes. Also enjoy Lola Cookies and Treats and their famous Ginger Chocolate Chip, which won for best cookie in Virginia! Plus sample some delicious Virginia-made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Electronic Violin. The Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting the talented Rachael Greenman, on electronic violin, playing an array of classical and contemporary songs on her unusual looking violin.
Location: 1 Loudoun St SE
- 6:00-9:00 Retro Funk. Blue Mountain Café is hosting the very lively and fun group, known as The Program Band, playing lots of high energy tunes from years ago.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Discovery Room! The Loudoun Museum is featuring the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Jan and Jeff. Designer Goldsmith is hosting the popular guitar duo, Jan & Jeff, performing from their wide repertoire of songs, from classic rock to contemporary to bluegrass and old standards.
Location: Market Station Lower Level
- 6:30-8:30 Acoustic Tunes. Trinity House Café is hosting live music with vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of jazz tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-8:30 Diner Open! The Leesburg Diner, which re-opened recently, is hosting live music by Laurie Mangold, playing a wide array of classic rock songs that you can sing along to.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting an open house event to celebrate their new home furnishings and accessory boutique, featuring high quality home furnishings made from around the globe. Stop by to enjoy wine tasting with Stone Tower and live music by rock guitarist, Nathaniel Davis.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Jessica! Sugar Magnolia is featuring live music by singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing soulful pop and R&B songs, along with some of her own original tunes. Jessica is a student at Potomac Falls High School, who was recently accepted to the Berklee College of Music.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display on the walls by a local photographer, Steven Welti.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 1990s Music. Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor party with live music by the Priceless Advice band, playing the best guitar rock of the 90s, such as Pearl Jam, U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Refreshments offered.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz Combo. Generational Jazz Combo, which is a talented group of young musicians from the metropolitan area that performs a fusion of Jazz, Blues, Latin, and Funk genres will play at a venue To Be Announced
- 6:00-8:00 Folk Music. The West Loudoun Street Café is hosting singer/guitarist, Peregrine North, performing a mixture of original and traditional folk music from England, Ireland, and Scotland.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Photos with Wine. Photoworks is hosting a photography exhibit by the Loudoun Photo Club, featuring macro works, Also enjoy the award- winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Babes! The Cooley Gallery is featuring a new art exhibit entitled Babes, by painter, Marcia Klioze. Plus wine tasting with Caramel Vintner. Stop by to check out their beautiful gallery and pick up information on their other upcoming events and art classes.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Outdoor Concert. The Georgetown Café is featuring live music on their back patio with the King Street Kats, a local rockabilly band that plays big guitars and sings high-energy songs - rock-n- roll songs about girls, dancing and cars.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music Duet. The Georgetown Café is hosting the Natural Selection Duet, playing folk, country and pop songs. Their trademark vocal arrangement produces a nice full-bodied mixture of sound.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz! Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting the Fifth Street Jazz band, from Arlington, playing a variety of jazz music ranging from early-era swing to funk and contemporary pieces. These musicians have been playing for years individually and now as a group have large scopes of experience to create the groove and energy, necessary for an entertaining and lively atmosphere.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Local Artist! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 7:00-10:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. KingSt.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with Hiddenbrook Winery, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 7:00-9:00 Meet the Author. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is June Hughes, and her book for children, Joanna’s World, which is a story of beloved animal companions.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Sunflowers! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house featuring local art by Jill Perla, who is known for her awesome floral paintings. Stop by to say hello to Peggy, and check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-10:00 Live Music. Crooked Run Brewing, downtown’s littlest cool pub, is featuring new craft beers along with some cool music tunes. Stop by to try some of the finest locally made beers, crafted on-site by the owner, Jake.
Location: Market Station-Lower Level.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St. 1
- 0:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9 with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages andChili- Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this cool shop, which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location:201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Friday Night Sew-cial. Finch Sewing Studio is featuring a sew-cial, which is a fun place to work on sewing projects with others and to get help from one of the studio's expert staff. They have the sewing machines and tools on site and are happy to help you get started on anew project or with a project you bring from home.
Location: 102 W. Location St.
- 6:00-9:00 Juice Party! Zootie’s Vapors & Arcades is hosting an open house featuring over 50 new e-liquids. Stop by to check out this new place to hang out in downtown Leesburg and play some video arcade games.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event with Mine Craft games for the kids to play. Also take a quick tour of their learning library and learn more about their other upcoming children’s programs.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 8:30 The Reagan Years. The Tally Ho Theater is presenting a concert by The Reagan Years, a band of seasoned musicians that recreates the sounds of the 1980s. You can re-live the days when Ronald Reagan was President, M-TV first aired, CDs emerged, acid washed jeans were "cool" and alternative music was called "New Wave." The Reagan Years has achieved "headline status" in both nightclubs and concert venues throughout the Mid- Atlantic. The Reagan Years: no Voodoo Economics, just great music! Location: 19 W. Market St.
26 Live Music Events
6 Art Exhibits
6 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...