Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, October 7, 2016
- 7:00-9:00 Outdoor Concert. The Kings Tavern and Wine Bar is featuring live music on their big back patio, with the band, Lost Locals, playing all kinds of rock, blues and funk; featuring a bunch of local middle-age parents.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Beach Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring the guitar group known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and Laurie Mangold, along with some special guests, playing an array of classic rock songs.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Britman and Robin. Senor Ramon Taqueria, downtown’s newest casual restaurant, is hosting the classic rock trio, Britman and Robin playing a wide variety of classic rock music from the 60s and 70s.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Faith with Jimmy. The Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting is hosting singer, Faith Payson accompanied by Jimmy Wehmann on guitar, playing contemporary pop and modern rock songs. Both are students at Tuscarora High School.
Location: 1 Loudoun St SE
- 6:30-9:30 Jazz Music. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring the John Kocur Duo with John Kocur on saxophone and Patrick Fritz on guitar playing an array of jazz tunes.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Pop Singer. Very Virginia Shop is hosting singer, Taylor Jackson on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs. Also enjoy Lola Cookies and Treats and their world famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie! Plus sample over ten types of Virginia peanuts and other yummy gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Jazz Tunes. Blue Mountain Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of jazz tunes.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Tunes. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting singer/pianist, Kaylynn Breland singing soft pop tunes. She is a talented eighth grader at Smart Mill Middle School.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Mia!. Sugar Magnolia is featuring live music on their front porch with singer/guitarist, Mia Saxena, playing an array of alternative pop songs Mia is currently a talented 10th grade student at Riverbend High School.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Crime Exhibit. The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is featuring a history exhibit entitled Presentments, Sentenceings, and Punishments: Crime in Loudoun County 1757-1955. This exhibit will display and explain the sentencing and punishment of criminals using the court's historic criminal records.
Location: 18 East Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Hart Wells. Trinity House Café is featuring live music with classical guitarist Hart Wells, the director of guitar studies at Potomac Falls High School, performing a wide array of guitar repertoires from Renaissance to present day music.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-8:00 Trunk Show. Madisonbelle is hosting a trunk show featuring jewelry artist, Chan Luu and Mickey Lynn. Stop by to check out these beautiful collections.
Location: 5 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Music Duet. Home Helpers is hosting the Natural Selection Duet, playing folk, country and pop songs. Their trademark vocal arrangement produces a nice full-bodied mixture of sound.
Location: 101 E. Loudoun St. SE
- 7:00-9:00 Jan and Jeff. Designer Goldsmith is hosting live music outside on the lower level deck of Market Station, with the rock guitar duo of Jan and Jeff playing an array of classic rock songs. Also kids can decorate some pumpkins at their special pumpkin painting event.
Location: Market Station
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery! Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the Washington, DC region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County Virginia. Stop by to check out this cool new gallery. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music by a musician to be announced and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Brewery! Black Walnut Brewery is hosting live music by Noel Hopkins with his authentic throwback rock-n-roll. Stop by to welcome this new brewery to downtown!
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is presenting over eight local vendors who are talented artists and crafters with an event called Handmade with Love. Stop by to start your holiday shopping early. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:30-8:30 Show with Chili. Pangle and Associates is featuring Elsa, the princess from Frozen, along with other actors and actresses from the TheaterPalooza Company, performing songs and skits their Broadway productions. Stop by Pangle’s backyard for a chili cook-off with a fun show.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an expo on making a wide variety of things. Stop by to learn about your local maker space; which will have a wood shop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, ceramics and glass blowing.
Location: 207 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:00 Live Music. The Leesburg Diner is featuring acoustic indie singer/songwriter, Neil Grover from Allentown Pennsylvania, with influences in jazz and contemporary popular music.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Classical Guitar. The Old Town Grill is hosting the Duo Divine with two classical guitarists, Ryan Robinson and Nicole Fetterman.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Classical Tunes. Georgetown Café is featuring live music by Mayleen Hyett on piano and Waylee Hyett, on guitar performing a variety of classical & contemporary piano pieces punctuated with classical guitar performances.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. Photoworks is hosting a unique photography exhibit which will be on display on the walls around the room. Also enjoy the award-winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous home decor store, is hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this cool shop, which specializes in recycled and repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9 with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Great Stage of Fools. Sona Bank is hosting the actors and actresses from the community theater group, the Sterling Playmakers, performing skits from their upcoming production of the Great Stage of Fools, which is a new murder mystery.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display on the walls by the art students of Loudoun County High School.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:30-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-8:00 Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and soda pops. Be sure to check out the selection of free books and all kids receive a special treat.
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 New Art. The Cooley Gallery is hosting new art exhibits with their featured artists, photographer, Sarah Huntington and Joy Bridy and her wood fired ceramics.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with Sunset Hills Vineyards, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Improv Club. IndED Academies is introducing their improv club with the help of the StageCoach Theater Company. Also take a quick tour of their learning library and learn more about their other upcoming children’s programs.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Open House with Tea. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Meet the Author. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is Michael B. Judkins and his book, Interlude to Sentimental Me, which is a book of poetry.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 One Year Anniversary. Zootie’s Vapors & Arcades is hosting an open house in celebration of their one year anniversary as they will be hosting a Cloud & Trick competition this Friday night. Come experience competitive vaping at its finest.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 8:30 Comedy Night. The Tally Ho is hosting a comedy night featuring comedian, Tony Woods is a one-of-a-kind comic who's playful and cool demeanor, combined with sharp and mischievous subject matter, create a show that is unmistakably very entertaining as he encourages the audience to become part of his strange world. He recently appeared on Comedy Central Presents Tony Woods. Also appearing is comedian, Rahmein Mostafavi, who addresses heavy social and political topics with brilliant satire, along with hilarious observational comedy and character voices. He overcomes every crowd with charm, comic timing, and charisma.
Location: 19 W. Market St.
5 Wine Tastings
7 Art Exhibits
... And So Much More ...