Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, June 1, 2018
- 6:30-8:30 Guitar Quartet. Sona Bank is hosting the Potomac Falls High School Guitar Quartet, performing a variety of classical and contemporary songs, under the guidance of music director, Hart Wells.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-8:00 Court Records. The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is presenting a history exhibit titled Preservation Act IV. You can learn from the historic records staff and volunteers, how the court records are conserved and made available to the public for research. The staff will also demonstrate and discuss how records are preserved in-house and with contracted conservation companies.
Location: 18 East Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Music. Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting pop singer-songwriter, Zach Benson, a JMU music student, performing his fun, danceable songs. His new original EP was recently released on Spotify and Apple Music.
Location: 1 E. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 JMU Band. 14 Loudoun is holding an outdoor concert with Little Storm, a five piece rock band with music students, all from JMU, playing a range of Blues, Southern Rock, Root Rock and other various genres.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rooftop Music. Cocina On Market, a Mexican restaurant, is featuring live music on their rooftop with acoustic guitarist, Tom O’Neil, of O’Neil Architects, singing a variety of classic rock songs from yesterday and today.
Location: 7 W. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jessica is Back! Very Virginia Shop is hosting singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing soulful pop and R&B songs, along with some of her own original tunes. She is currently a college student enrolled at the Berklee College of Music. Plus sample over 20 different flavors of crisp Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-9:00 Laurie Blue. Designer Goldsmith is hosting an outdoor concert with the rock guitarist, Laurie Mangold, playing an array of classic rock songs that you can sign along to.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 7:00-10:00 Jazz Piano. Casa Nostra, downtown newest Italian restaurant, is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Crooner Tunes. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Frank, “The Crooner” performs in the stylings of Sinatra, Martin, Bennett, Como and many other Crooners as he is dedicated to preserving the music of the great American Standards Songbook!
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rosewood & Ivory. Coldwell Banker is hosting Rosewood & Ivory, consisting of siblings, Mayleen and Waylee, performing classical and contemporary music. Mayleen, age 11, has been playing piano for more than half of her life and her younger brother Waylee, age 8, is just as passionate about his guitar, so together, they are Rosewood & Ivory. Light refreshments offered, along with some fun and creative activities for children.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Blues Jam. Bike TrAle Brewery is featuring Fast Eddie, along with Dave the Hippieman, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting the rock band, Nailed It, on their beach, playing an array of rock covers from the 70’s to today.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Frayed Knots. Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with the band Frayed Knots, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. They consists of members of the St. James Episcopal Church and are a popular local favorite. Light refreshments served.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky, along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, artwork will be on display by their Artist of the Month, Donna Johnson with her Faces of the Rodeo exhibit.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 5:00-8:00 Cocktails for a Cause. Dunlap Bennet & Ludwig and SideBar are joining forces to sponsor their first ever Cocktails for a Cause! Join them to check out the work that Dunlap Bennet & Ludwig offers at their info table; grab a custom cocktail at the bar, of which one dollar will be donated to the Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
Location: 24 S. King St.
- 10:00-1:00 DJ Dance Party. Sidebar is hosting local DJ, Nathaniel Davis, who will band e spinning an array of fun tunes into the wee hours. Join the party to dance, chill, and grab a bite to eat.
Location: 24 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Rock Music. The King's Tavern and Wine Bar is featuring on their big back patio, the Dead Branch Band, which cover the music of the Grateful Dead along with other classic rock bands.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for Zofia Lategano, who paints in a way that causes you to admire the feng shui perfection of the beach from a canvas. She creates warm memories of summers gone by and the people who filled them. Her large paintings are like walking through an airy womb of sky and sound - a reminder of the sea and its cerulean-blue gown and the beach which seems dipped in earthshine-gold. With luck, one of her pieces will speak to you and you will carry one home. Also wine tasting with Sunset Hills Winery, as you will be able to purchase samples or bottles of their wonderful wines.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Acoustic Trio. The Leesburg Diner is hosting Daily Distraction, a trio that performs a wide range of covers with an emphasis on the blending of harmonies throughout their music, which spans the decades from the 60’s to today.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 5:00-8:00 Jewelry Show. Madisonbelle is hosting a trunk show with Onyx & Oak, which is a jewelry line by designer, Rebecca Eagan, whose unique compositions of her jewelry is an expression of her creativity fueled by the diverse materials and textures she uses in each piece.
Location: 5 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rear Window. The Tryst Gallery is hosting a new art exhibit entitled, Rear Window, which will feature artwork from a wide variety of local artists, as well as, their featured artist for June, Kim T. Richards, who will give a short talk. Stop by this premier art gallery to see amazing artwork and meet the local artists. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Local Potters. Resourceful Woman is hosting the Leesburg Vintage Potters which is made up of a talented group of senior citizens from the Leesburg Senior Center, that hand-build and hand-paint beautiful pottery items. These unique items are reasonably priced and make great gifts for all occasions. As a non-profit group, all proceeds benefit the Senior Center ceramics studio.
Location: 11-A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 McKenzie Mees. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting acoustic guitarist, McKenzie Mees, playing some fun contemporary tunes and classic rock songs.
Location: 9 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books.
Location: 13 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is hosting an open house showcasing the art of two fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens who is in the Loudoun Sketch Club and feature Loudoun County scenery in her paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 Loudoun St. SW (upper level).
- 6:00-9:00 Photo Show. Photoworks is hosting photographer, Kayleigh MacDonald, an 18 year old photographer, who has been passionate about art her entire life, as she aims to produce thought-provoking images addressing contemporary issues and topics. She is drawn to abandoned places and explores her own identity through self-portraiture. Live music will be provided by her friend, Madeleine Beers.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9pm, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30. Ukulele! Trinity House Café is hosting vocalist, Kimmy Swift, on ukulele, performing some fun contemporary pop songs.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-8:00 Indie/Folk Music. Shoes, Cup and Cork is featuring live music in their Secret Garden, with the indie-folk duo, Homestead Collective, from the Philly area. Stop by to hear Caitlyn Deviney and Ben Morris and enjoy their memorable melodies and intricate instrumentation, combined with haunting, honest lyrics – as they write stories in songs that we all want to tell.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Dreaming Art Show. The Fine Gallery is hosting an open house with wine tasting and a short gallery walk, discussing curatorial decisions with Art Director, Kaeley Boyle, followed by a question and answer session about the solo show "Dreaming" by Sawool Kim.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House, showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the world.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Singer. Stockman Title is hosting pop singer, Taylor Jackson on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 1 S. King St
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing their authentic Chicago style foods. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling half way across the country.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The DeLandtsheer Art Gallery is hosting an open house showcasing their premium exhibits dedicated to functional art, sculpture objects, and design. On display are one-of-a-kind sculptural lighting by Belgian artists, Walter Duportail & Kevin DeLandtsheer. Also there is an exhibition of bronze sculptures by one of Belgium's most celebrated sculptors - Jan Desmarets. Stop by to see their amazing glass sculptures, chandeliers and bronze sculptures!
Location: 2B Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-8:00 Open House! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic drinks. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out their selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. SW Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and fabulous jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St. SW
- 5:00-7:00 Hard Cider. Wild Hare Hard Cider is sampling out some of their fabulous ferments that from their Cider Library. These ciders have aged incredibly well but there is a limited amount available, so come early!
Location: Market Station – Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Art. Visit Loudoun is hosting a wine tasting event with Winery 32 of Leesburg along with a photography exhibit titled Suspend by Terri Parent.
Location: Market Station - Upper Level.
- 5:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Veron Ennis Artist Studio is hosting a new art exhibit entitled, Unconventional Landscapes, featuring Veron Ennis, an abstract painter and sculptor, with art that addresses control in a chaotic world. She employs sophisticated use of dramatic color and geometry in her compositions and takes it to the next level with 3D cube sculptures. Her artwork has be exhibited in London, New York and Miami and found in private collections around the world. Stop by to see this new art gallery to check out this unique exhibit, which also showcases guest artist, Luke Greer. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 10G S. King St. (upper level)
Live Music Events
... and so much more!