Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, April 6, 2018
- 6:30-8:30 Irish Dancers. Coldwell Banker is hosting the Irish Dancers from the McGrath Academy of Irish Dance, with these talented children performing a lively show of traditional Irish jigs, reels and step dances.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Beauty and the Beast. Sona Bank is hosting Heritage Drama performing songs and scenes from their upcoming performance of the musical, Beauty and the Beast, featuring an all-star cast of Leesburg students. Heritage Drama will be performing the entire musical at Heritage High School on April 26-29 and May 4-5. Don't miss this chance to see a sneak peek on First Friday, of this fun Broadway show.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 7:00-10:00 Mandatory Recess. 14 Loudoun, downtown’s dive bar, is hosting Mandatory Recess, playing an array of Rock covers from the 80’s to current songs, such as Tom Petty, Gin Blossoms, Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, etc.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-9:00 Music with Soup and Tea. The Very Virginia Shop is featuring acoustic guitarist, MacKenzie Mees, playing some fun contemporary tunes. Also True Honey Tea will be offering tastes of their 6 flavors of gourmet teas with honey crystals. Plus Souped Up, which is a local soup delivery small business, will be offering tastes of their delicious homemade soups. You can also sample an array of Virginia peanuts in over 20 different flavors!
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Hello Dolly. Leesburg First Friday is hosting the drama students from Riverside High School, performing songs from their upcoming performance of the Broadway musical, Hello Dolly, as they stroll around downtown. So be on the lookout for students just breaking out in song as you walk by.
Location: All Around Downtown
- 6:30-8:30 Kimmy Swift. Trinity House Café is hosting vocalist, Kimmy Swift, on ukulele, performing some fun contemporary pop songs.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Bike TrAle Brewery is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Frank, “The Crooner” performs in the stylings of Sinatra, Martin, Bennett, Como and many other Crooners as he is dedicated to preserving the music of the great American Standards Songbook!
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 8:00-11:00 Just South of Seven. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Blues Jam. Shoes, Cup and Cork is featuring Fast Eddie, along with Dave the Hippieman, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art, Wine and Music. The Cooley Gallery is featuring a night of original artwork of all mediums in an exhibit entitled "Spring into Art." They will be showcasing the artwork of Armand Cabrera, Ken Bachman, Ann Marie Coolick, Laura Edwards, Chris Cooley, Andrea Cybyk and Marcia Klioze. Guest artist, Armand Cabrera will be painting live and you will not want to miss one stroke of his creation. Also wine tasting with Sunset Hills Winery, as you will be able to purchase samples or bottles of their wonderful wines, while listening to Charlie Cain playing the electric ivory bars on his keyboard.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 5:00-1:00 Spirts and Tunes. Sidebar is hosting Richmond’s Kindred Spirit Brewing, from 5-8pm, as they will be there talking nerdy about their awesome products, promoting their brewing philosophy, and featuring a bunch of awesome beers on draft and in cans! After Kindred Spirit leavies, then DJ Nathaniel Davis will be spinning tunes from 10pm to 1am! Join the party to dance, chill, drink, and grab a bite to eat.
Location: 24 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Mike McCabe. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting the rock guitarist, Mike McCabe, on their back patio, playing an array of classic and modern rock songs.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Show of Ireland with Music. Photoworks is excited to present a photography exhibit entitled, Show of Ireland, with amazing photos from the Celtic island. They are also celebrating the 3rd anniversary of their Leesburg School of Photography. Plus there will be live music by rock guitarist, Laurie Mangold who will be playing an array of music including some Irish tunes.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Moulin Rouge. The Tryst Gallery is hosting a new art exhibit entitled, Moulin Rouge, which will feature artwork from a wide variety of local artists, as well as a new featured artist, Kevin Bednarz. Stop by this premier reception to see amazing art and meet the local artists. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9pm, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Hard Cider. Wild Hare Hard Cider is sampling out some of their fabulous ferments that from their Cider Library. These ciders have aged incredibly well but there is a limited amount available, so come early!
Location: Market Station – Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Fine Gallery is celebrating hosting an open house with wine tasting and a new art exhibit. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is hosting an open house showcasing the art of two fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens who is in the Loudoun Sketch Club and feature Loudoun County scenery in her paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The DeLandtsheer Art Gallery is hosting an open house showcasing their premium exhibits dedicated to functional art, sculpture objects, and design. On display are one-of-a-kind sculptural lighting by Belgian artists, Walter Duportail & Kevin DeLandtsheer. Also there is an exhibition of bronze sculptures by one of Belgium's most celebrated sculptors - Jan Desmarets. Stop by to see their amazing glass sculptures, chandeliers and bronze sculptures!
Location: 2B W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW Free
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with an acoustic guitarist to be announced and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Student Art Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is hosting an exhibit on the second floor of Town Hall featuring the mixed media artwork of students from Tuscarora High School. The student’s artwork will be on display through May.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, on display this month is an art exhibit by photographer, Reggie Forster, whose photographs will be on display throughout the month.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 DJ ZBreezy. Bites Wine and Grilled Cheese Bar is hosting music from DJ ZBreezy, on their heated front porch with an extended happy hour! So grab a seat and a pitcher of Sangria and get ready for some great tunes!
Location: 105 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing their authentic Chicago style foods. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling half way across the country.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic drinks. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out their selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and fabulous jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-9:30 Jazz Music. Leesburg Brewing Company is hosting the John Kocur Trio, which is a jazz group featuring John Kocur on saxophone and Patrick Fritz on guitar playing a wide array of jazz tunes.
Location: 2C Loudoun St. SW
- 6:30-8:00 Court Records. The Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is featuring a History exhibit titled - Horses, Trains, Planes and Automobiles: Transportation in Loudoun from 1757 to Today. This exhibition will display variety of documents from the court’s historic records that explores the evolution of Loudoun’s transportation and its impact on the county’s growth.
Location: 18 East Market St.
- 6:00-8:00 Kyle Lambdin. The Leesburg Diner is hosting singer/songwriter, Kyle Lambdin, who was born and raised in Leesburg and who plays a variety of country and rock cover songs, along with his own originals tunes. He released his first self-titled album last year on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon MP3, which is currently selling worldwide.
Location: 9 S. King St.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!