Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, July 7, 2017
- 6:00-9:00 Rockin’ Crabs. Captain Catoctin’s Crab & Concoctions, downtown’s newest and only Maryland crab restaurant is featuring live music on their big back patio with the local rock band, Just South of Seven.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Blues Jam! The Blue Mountain Café is featuring Willie White and Stephen Wade Crounse, two guitarists, who will be rocking the back patio with lots of blues tunes, along with classic rock.
Location: 26 S. King St.
7:00-9:00 Outdoor Rock - King’s Tavern is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with the fun rock band, Lawn Dart Incident, playing a wide array of classic rock and modern rock tunes that will sure to have you singing and dancing along. Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Country Rock. Black Hoof Brewing downtown’s newest craft brewing pub, is featuring RowdyAce, a three piece band, playing Country and Rock music from the 70’s through today. Come sing along to the soundtrack of your life.
Location: 11 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Beach Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring the UDoVooDoo band, playing classic rock from the past to today’s current hits, all with a passion for putting on a lively and fun show.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Ukulele! The Very Virginia Shop is hosting Katie Brunotts, playing ukulele and guitar while singing pop songs of the 70s, 80s and today along with her originals and some old school jazz. Also featuring an amazing postcard collection of old time images of Leesburg and Loudoun County from long ago, put together by local resident, Chris Straight. Plus sample over 20 different flavors of crisp Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Jazz Night. Leesburg Brewing Company is a night of jazz music with the Lisa Fiorilli Trio playing raspy smooth covers of pop, rock, and jazz tunes. For those of you who think raspy smooth sounds like an implausible oxymoron, come hear how they pull it off with Lisa Fiorilli on saxophone, Patrick Fritz on guitar and Fernando Bolanos on bass.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 5:00-8:00 Styling Advice. Madisonbelle is hosting an open house with free personal styling advice, featuring Rebekah Murray from Virginia Dare Co Collection and introducing Cyndy Porter, Image Consultant from Cyndy Porter Style and Photography.
Location: 5 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Be Beauty is hosting an open house event and celebrating their new location on South King Street, where you can get beauty and fashion all in one stop. Enjoy some light refreshments, while you check out their cool custom foundations and other fabulous makeups along with the many great services they offer.
Location: 11A S. King St.
- 5:30-9:00 New Art Gallery. Art Sweet Art is featuring the works of emerging artists and sweetened by delicious treats. Art and chocolate is a great combination! Stop by to check out downtown’s newest art gallery and welcome David to historic downtown Leesburg.
Location: 2B W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Trio. Senor Ramon Taqueria is hosting live music by Natural Selection, playing musical styles from classic rock-n-roll, to soul, blues, country, and folk. Natural Selection's trademark vocal arrangements produce a full-bodied mixture of sound that fills any space, from small to large.
Location: 15 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jessica is Back! Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing soulful pop and R&B songs, along with some of her own original tunes. She is currently a college student enrolled at the Berklee College of Music in Boston and home for summer break.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Rosewood & Ivory. Designer Goldsmith is hosting Rosewood & Ivory consisting of siblings, Mayleen and Waylee, performing classical and contemporary music. With more than five years of experience, Mayleen has been playing piano for more than half of her life. Her younger brother Waylee is just as passionate and committed to the guitar, so together, they are Rosewood & Ivory.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with a wine tasting with Boxwood Winery of Middleburg, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Music. Lou Lou Boutique is featuring pop singer, Taylor Jackson on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Jazz and More. Georgetown Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazzy and fun songs.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Merlin Music. Trinity House Café is featuring live music with singer, Stephen Merlin, on acoustic guitar, playing acoustic versions of rock’s best songs with a high energy performance.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-8:00 Diabetes Awareness. The Loudoun Museum is hosting Brady Moineau, a student who was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes and who bakes Brady’s Barking Biscuits, all-natural homemade dog biscuits to raise money in order to get a life-saving service dog. Stop by the Museum to buy some treats for you own dog. Plus the Museum features history exhibits, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries along with their Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820s. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Local Potters. Resourceful Woman is hosting the Leesburg Vintage Potters which is made up of a talented group of senior citizens from the Leesburg Senior Center, that hand-build and hand-paint beautiful pottery items. These unique items are reasonably priced and make great gifts for all occasions. As a non-profit group, all proceeds benefit the Senior Center ceramics studio.
Location: 11-A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is hosting several local vendors who are talented artists and crafters with an event called Handmade with Love. Be sure to stop by to support these local crafters and artists! Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-8:30 Two Michaels. The Leesburg Diner is hosting acoustic rock guitarists, Michael Haddad and Michael Schiavi, playing a variety of classic rock songs.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Two Daves. Sona Bank is hosting Two Daves, which is a country music duo of two local guys named Dave, playing acoustic guitarists and singing an array of good old country tunes.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Violin and Cello. Stockman Title is hosting the Eight Strings Duet, consisting of violinist, Ted Froelich, of Shenandoah University and Cellist, John Ortman, of Loudoun County High School, performing classical songs and some contemporary tunes.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork by Rachel Sales on display this month.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Peter Lapp. Black Walnut Brewery is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs to include Bon Jovi, U2, Foo Fighters, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Mumford & Sons and many more.
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Glaurie and Friends. Pangle & Associates is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with the acoustic guitar duo known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and Laurie Mangold along with some of their musical friends, playing a wide array of classic rock songs, that you can sing along to.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Violin Music. The Old Town Grill is hosting live music by classical guitarist, Matthew Mills, who composes music with the influence of Flamenco guitar in every piece.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art, Wine and Music. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for painter, Karash Payne, whose paintings explore the concept of change through the transformative lens of water and Tom Unzicker, whose pottery is nothing short of spectacular. Tom makes wood fired and ash glazed pottery that's both functional and decorative stoneware. Also wine tasting with Casanel winery, as you will be able to purchase samples of their wonderful wines, all while listening to Charlie playing the electric ivory bars on his keyboard.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 2b or not 2b. The Tryst Gallery is hosting the exhibit "2b or not 2b" with featured artist Lida Stifel. This exhibit features an array of local artists in many different mediums. There is always something new to see at Tryst, around every corner. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with a local musician (to be announced) and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author will be announced soon.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-11:00 Open House! The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house event with merchandise giveaways, games, free food and so much more. Stop by to try one of their amazing protein shakes, as they are a great recovery shop for fitness with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. The Tasting Room at Palio is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Dani and Michael. Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting two talented college students, singer, Danielle Cullen and guitarist, Michael Stefanick, both former graduates of Loudoun County High School, playing an array of contemporary pop/rock tunes from such artists as Adele, Maroon 5 and Third Eye Blind.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Frozen Treats! Cultured is celebrating First Friday at their frozen yogurt and healthy soup shop, located near Mom's Apple Pie. Stop by to taste free samples of their "real frozen yogurt," which is made from wholesome local ingredients, so it's naturally tart and absolutely delicious!
Location: 212A Loudoun St. SE
- 5:30-8:30 Free Open Gaming. The Leesburg Hobbies & Collectibles Shop is hosting an exciting night of "table top war games" by providing gamers a friendly place to meet and compete against each other, while helping to advance players in not only game strategy, but also in modeling, painting and sportsmanlike conduct.
Location: 9 W. Market St.
- 8:30 Ultimate 90s Band. The Tally Ho Theater is featuring AS IF, which is the ultimate 90’s tribute band bringing the audience back in time for a transcendent nostalgic experience that they’ll never want to end. Whether it’s the memorable songs, the energetic stage performance, crowd interaction, goofy humor, or random dance contests…any fan of 90’s music, young and old, will be left happy and entertained.
Location: 19 W. Market St.
28 Live Music Events
9 Art Exhibits
4 Wine Tastings
... and so much more!