Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, June 2, 2017
- 7:00-9:00 Juliana! King’s Tavern is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with the locally acclaimed singer, Juliana MacDowell, accompanied by guitarist, Walter Bain performing a wide array of folk, rock and pop tunes that will sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Blues Jam! The Blue Mountain Café is featuring Fast Eddie and Hippieman Dave, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Zumba Demo. Sona Bank is featuring Lisa Schwarz of Fit4U, who is presenting two wildly addictive cardio dance demonstrations, which are based on the hottest Latin, pop & hip-hop music. Everyone can join in these energetic and fun demos or join her Zumba and WERQ! workouts, which are held during the week at the Hybrid Method Gym.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock and Blues. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring the Lost Locals band, playing all kinds of rock, blues and funk; featuring a bunch of local middle-age parents.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jessica is Back! Very Virginia Shop is hosting singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing soulful pop and R&B songs, along with some of her own original tunes. She is currently a college student enrolled at the Berklee College of Music and home for summer break. Also enjoy the famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie from Lola Cookies and Treats, which is now available every weekend. Plus sample over 20 different flavors of crisp Virginia peanuts and other locally made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Teddy Chipouras. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring locally acclaimed singer/songwriter, Teddy Chipouras, playing his unique blend of folk Americana tunes. He is a recent graduate of Woodgrove High School, and has just released his first EP, Rolling Hills, which includes six of his original songs.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Grand Opening. Be Beauty is hosting an open house event to celebrate their new location on South King Street. Enjoy refreshments while you get a free chair massage, mini manicure and tanning demo. They are giving away a full set of lash extensions by Blink Lashes, two 30 minute massages from Absolutely Massage and a Mani/Pedi from Revive Nail Studio, plus a basket of goodies worth over $250. Stop by enter to win!
Location: 11A S. King St.
- 5:30-9:00 New Art Gallery. Art Sweet Art is featuring the works of emerging artists and sweetened by delicious treats. Art and chocolate is a great combination! Stop by to check out downtown’s newest art gallery and welcome David to historic downtown Leesburg.
Location: 2B W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rowdy Music! Senor Ramon Taqueria is featuring RowdyAce, a three piece band, playing Country and Rock music from the 70’s through today. Come sing along to the soundtrack of your life.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Peter Lapp. Black Walnut Brewery is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs to include Bon Jovi, U2, Foo Fighters, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Johnny Cash, Mumford & Sons and many more.
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Blues Guitarist. Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting singer/songwriter, Willie White, playing a wide array of rock songs and blues tunes.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-8:30 Pop Up Art Gallery. The Friends of Leesburg Public Arts is partnering with the Mason Enterprise Center to host a pop-up art gallery event, featuring local artists - Kathleen Howsare, Constance Ivana, Doris Kidder, Barbara Wilson, Kim Richards, and Photoworks. Also the Potomac Falls High School Guitar Quartet, under the guidance of music director, Hart Wells will perform a variety of songs. Light refreshments will be available.
Location: 202 Church St.
- 6:00-9:00 One Man Band. Designer Goldsmith is hosting singer/guitarist, Dave Alan Lange, playing some raw southern blues and rock, which is also known as the American Rust-Belt Blues.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with a wine tasting with North Gate Vineyards, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:30-8:30 Music Duo. Lou Lou Boutique is featuring singer, Siddhi Kodokolikar, accompanied by Ryan Butterfield on acoustic guitar, playing contemporary pop tunes, along with modern rock songs. Both are local college students that attend Virginia Tech.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Crooner. Georgetown Café is hosting featuring Frank Lombardi of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-8:30 JAM of Saint James. Trinity House Café is featuring JAM, which is a group of ten young musicians from the Saint James Episcopal Church, playing guitar and singing contemporary Christian music.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 5:00-8:00 History Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-8:30 Court Record Exhibit. The Clerk of the Circuit Court will offer an open house in the old 1894 courthouse, during which staff will discuss and demonstrate how the court’s historic documents are being preserved in the 21st century.
Location: 18 East Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Slave Dwelling Project. Project founder Joseph McGill will be on the Loudoun County Courthouse lawn during Leesburg First Friday to talk about slavery and answer questions. The Black History Committee will also have a display of information about the role that the courthouse played in regards to slavery in Loudoun County. (Enslaved people were sold on the grounds.) Mr. McGill and other members of the Slave Dwelling Project will sleep on the courthouse lawn on Friday night as part of a three-day program of events to educate the public about slavery and sites of slavery in Loudoun County. The organization’s mission is to identify and assist property owners, government agencies, and organizations to preserve surviving slave dwellings. To draw attention to the existence of slave dwellings and other buildings that once housed the enslaved, Mr. McGill travels the country and sleeps in the dwellings as they have currently slept at sites in 18 states and in DC. For more information, visit www.oatlands.org and www.slavedwellingproject.org.
Location: 18 East Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Local Potters. Resourceful Woman is hosting the Leesburg Vintage Potters which is made up of a talented group of senior citizens from the Leesburg Senior Center, that hand-build and hand-paint beautiful pottery items. These unique items are reasonably priced and make great gifts for all occasions. As a non-profit group, all proceeds benefit the Senior Center ceramics studio.
Location: 11-A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is hosting several local vendors who are talented artists and crafters with an event called Handmade with Love. Stop by to start your holiday shopping early. Also live music will be provided by pianist Mayleen Hyett and her brother, Waylee Hyett on guitar. Be sure to stop by to support these local crafters, artists and musicians! Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:30-8:30 Caricatures. Rouge Spa is featuring caricature artist, Francesca Hillary, who can make your face into a fun and silly sketch in just a few minutes. Be sure to stop and check out her unique creations.
Location: 17 S. King St
- 6:00-8:30 Fun Upbeat Music. The Leesburg Diner is hosting pop singer-songwriter, Zach Benson, performing his fun, danceable songs for audiences young and old. His new original EP was recently released on Spotify and Apple Music and his EP of covers is now available on bandcamp.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Violin and Cello. Stockman Title is hosting the Eight Strings Duet, consisting of violinist, Ted Froelich, of Shenandoah University and Cellist, John Ortman, of Loudoun County High School, performing classical songs and some contemporary tunes.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Lauire & Friends Pangle and Associates is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio with the rock guitarist, Laurie Mangold and her musical friends, playing an array of classic rock songs that you can sign along to.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool paintings by Alex on display this month.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Violin Music. The Old Town Grill is hosting live music by classical guitarist, Matthew Mills, who composes music with the influence of Flamenco guitar in every piece.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art, Wine and Music. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for painter, Rodger Schultz, who will discuss his new work, Lincolns. He plans on painting 100 Lincolns - one hundred different ways, just to see what happens. It is his current series that challenges the industry belief that, as a professional painter, you're supposed to paint in the same recognizable way every time. Also wine tasting with Direct Cellars, as you will be able to purchase samples of their wonderful wines, all while listening to Charlie playing the electric ivory bars on his keyboard.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Jill Perla. Tryst Gallery is spotlighting their very first featured artist, Jill Perla, who is displaying her all new never-been-seen original series titled, "Escape,” along with a brief talk about her art. The gallery exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County. Come out to see their newly unveiled gallery exhibition and to meet a wide array of local artists. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist, Shane Hines and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author will be announced soon.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event featuring chess, art activities and a 3D printer. Stop by for a quick tour of their learning library and hear more about their children’s special programs, such as their upcoming summer camps, the Northern Virginia Homeschool Conference on June 24, along with their microschool and leadership workshops.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-11:00 Open House! The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house event with merchandise give-aways, games, free food and so much more. Stop by to try one of their amazing protein shakes, as they are a great recovery shop for fitness with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. The Tasting Room at Palio is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Dani and Michael. Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting two talented college students, singer, Danielle Cullen and guitarist, Michael Stefanick, both former graduates of Loudoun County High School, playing an array of contemporary pop/rock tunes from such artists as Adele, Maroon 5 and Third Eye Blind.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages andChili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Frozen Treats! Cultured is celebrating First Friday at their frozen yogurt and healthy soup shop, located near Mom's Apple Pie. Stop by to taste free samples of their "real frozen yogurt," which is made from wholesome local ingredients, so it's naturally tart and absolutely delicious!
Location: 212A Loudoun St. SE
- 5:30-7:30pm Improve Your Brain! LearningRx presents Wise Oils speaker Athena Waitt, who will be sharing healthy alternatives that can boost your cognitive performance without the use of medications. Come sample some recipes that incorporate the use of essential oils - and join the fun with cognitive exercises that improve focus, processing speed, and memory! Put your name in the drawing to win a free one-on-one brain training session at LearningRx. Location: 305 Harrison St SE, Ste 100A
- 5:30-8:30 Free Open Gaming. The Leesburg Hobbies & Collectibles Shop is hosting an exciting night of "table top war games" by providing gamers a friendly place to meet and compete against each other, while helping to advance players in not only game strategy, but also in modeling, painting and sportsmanlike conduct.
Location: 9 W. Market St.
- 8:30 The Reagan Years. The Tally Ho Theater is featuring the original 80's tribute band, The Reagan Years, consisted of five talented musicians performing 80's Pop, 80's Rock, 80's New Wave and 80's Heavy Metal hits from the M-TV Era. Every song was a massive hit and you will sing along to every song! Formed in 1996, The Reagan Years has delighted hundreds of sold out crowds throughout the East Coast, along with entertaining at corporate events, as far away as Hawaii and foreign countries such as Germany, Spain and Republic of Panama, always playing everyone’s favorite 1980s covers!
Location: 19 W. Market St.
27 Live Music Events
9 Art Exhibits
4 Wine Tastings
... and so much more!