Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, February 2, 2018
- 7:00-11:00 Fun Band. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring Frayed Knots, a five piece band, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. The band consists of members of the St. James Episcopal Church and is a popular local favorite.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Emma Rowley. Black Hoof Brewing Company is featuring the very talented singer/songwriter, Emma Rowley, who at the age of 13 made her Broadway debut. She has also performed with the New York Pops Orchestra at Carnegie Hall and won a national contest online for the Next Country Star, recording in Nashville, with Bryan White.
Location: 11 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Peter Lapp. Leesburg Brewery Company is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-9:00 Ukulele Music. The Very Virginia Shop is featuring vocalist, Kimmy Swift, on ukulele, performing an array of contemporary tunes. Plus a tasting event of Henry’s Hot Sauces and their over 10 flavors of spicy goodness. Also, samples of Virginia peanuts in over 20 flavors!
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by Gary Rudinsky along with many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, on display this month is a photography exhibit by Kathy Kupka.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Aaron Lowry. Bike TrAle Brewery is hosting Aaron Lowry, who plays guitar, harmonica and foot tambourine. He will be playing a range of music from folk to originals to Irish ballads and everything in between.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Teen Rock Band. Sona Bank is hosting the StoneCold, a teen rock band, playing an array of classic rock songs. These talented five girls are from an array of schools; Stone Hill Middle, River Bend Middle, Dominion High and Heritage High School.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Reception. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for their resident watercolorist and instructor, Elaine Nunnally, whose work has been selected to exhibit at the American Watercolor Society. Her artwork will be on display throughout the month of February.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Pop Singer. Churrology is hosting pop singer, Taylor Jackson, on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 7 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist, Jason Masi and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Laurie & Friends. The Leesburg Diner is featuring an outdoor concert on their back patio with the rock guitarist, Laurie Mangold and her musical friends, all playing an array of classic rock songs that you can sign along to.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Blues Jam! Shoes, Cup and Cork is featuring Fast Eddie, along with Dave the Hippieman, who are the fabulous blues duo of Eddie O. Galvin and David Saunders. These talented dudes never use a song list or play the same song, the same way twice.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 No Right Mind. Coldwell Banker is hosting No Right Mind, a local rock band, playing pop rock from across the decades – everything from the Beatles to Blink 182.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Ukulele Girls Group. Trinity House Café is hosting a four piece group of singers and ukulele players, from Riverside High School, playing some fun contemporary pop songs.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Fine Gallery is celebrating hosting an open house with wine tasting and a new art exhibit. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Student Photography Show. Photoworks is excited to present an amazing student photographer, Fionna Flores, who started studying photography two years ago. She is currently working on many projects such as her international magazine, getting her work published (first publication in NAPIZUM), and just enjoying all the adventures her passion brings to her.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Truly, Madly, Deeply. The Tryst Gallery is hosting their new show entitled The Truly, Madly, Deeply art exhibition which begins its sixty day run with artwork by over 30 artists and a reception that is free and open to all art enthusiasts and many of the participating artists will be in attendance. Their featured artist is Octavia Frazier, who will be speaking about her gorgeous abstract collages with a sneak peek into her process during her Gallery Talk at 7pm. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Reception. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an artist reception for Laura Hopkins and her display of atmospheric landscape paintings.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Artist Reception. Sotheby’s International Realty is hosting an artist reception for Isabelle Truchon and amazing original paintings.
Location: 22 W. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is hosting an open house showcasing the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who are both in the Loudoun Sketch Club and feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Gold Rush. Wild Hare Hard Cider is sampling out some of their Gold Rush ferments that have been tucked away in their Cider Library for the past couple of years. These ciders have aged incredibly well but there is a limited amount available, so come early!
Location: Market Station – Lower Level
- 8:30-11:30 Two Bands. Crooked Run Brewing is hosting two band from Richmond – Newscaster and Moniker, playing a fun mix of rock tunes. Be sure to stop by inside and get warmed up with some fabulous music.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW Free
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their woodshop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Open House. The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house so stop by to try one of the delicious protein shakes, as this is a great recovery shop for fitness workouts with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9pm, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic drinks. Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out their selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and fabulous jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!