Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, November 3, 2017
- 6:30-8:30 Robin Hood. Sona Bank is hosting Heritage Drama performing skits from their upcoming performance of the Robin Hood featuring an all-star cast of Leesburg students. Heritage Drama will be performing the entire show at Heritage High School on November 9th – 12th and November 16th – 18th. Don't miss this chance to see a sneak peek on First Friday, of this fun show.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Vendor Fair. The Great Beginnings Preschool is hosting their 3rd Annual Vendor Fair with local vendors, such as, Stella Dot, Finch Box, LipSense, Mary Kay, LulaRoe and many more. Stop by to get some holiday shopping done early!
Location: 107 W. Market St. (Leesburg United Methodist Church)
- 6:00-9:00 Dance Tunes. The Blue Mountain Café is hosting Dance Manifesto, who will lure you into dancing as they specialize in high energy music and take pride in performing what’s hot, along with the occasional sprinkling of classic dance songs for nostalgia.They offer incredible stage presence, vocal stylings, studio-perfect keys, and tight rhythms, which will make you dance like nobody's watching!
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Country Duo. The Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring Cross and Arrow, an almost country duo, made up of Pam Becker and Frank Keim, who fuse the classic country duet with the style and energy of fresh contemporary music. Fun, high energy performances with great harmonies and lots of interplay!
Location: 2C Loudoun St., SW.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Art. King Street Coffee is featuring live music by the many talented students from the music department of Loudoun County High School. Plus, on display this month is Coffee Art by Tori Tilahun.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist P. Buckley Moss. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an artist reception for nationally acclaimed artist, P. Buckley Moss, showcasing a large selection of her originals, prints, ornaments & other Holiday gift items. Ms. Moss will meet collectors of her art and autograph anything purchased at this special show. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock and Blues. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring the MudLark band, known for rockin' the Northern Virginia for over 35 years with passionate, blow-you-out-of-your-seats rock and blues.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rockin’ Crabs. Captain Catoctin’s Crab & Concoctions, downtown’s only Maryland crab restaurant, is hosting Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Pop Up Pottery Sale. The Laurel Brigade Law Group is hosting a Pop Up Pottery Sale inside the historic Laurel Brigade. Come see and buy works by some very talented local amateur potters. Light refreshments served.
Location: 20 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 RowdyAce. Kings Tavern and Wine Bar is featuring an outdoor concert on their back patio with the RowdyAce, a three piece band, playing Country and Rock music from the 70’s through today. Come sing along to the soundtrack of your life.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Jazzy Tunes. The Georgetown Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazzy and fun songs.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Amy and Mike. The Leesburg Diner is hosting the musical duo, known as Amy and Mike, playing an array of classic rock songs.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Coffee and Treats! The Very Virginia Shop is featuring a coffee tasting event with their delicious Wicked Goat Coffee, which is roasted locally in Lucketts. Plus, sample the best peanuts in the world – large Virginia Peanuts in over 20 flavors!
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Clayton Painter. Black Hoof Brewing, downtown’s newest craft brewing pub, is featuring acoustic guitarist, Clayton Painter, playing contemporary rock songs.
Location: 11 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 After Paris. Trinity House Café is hosting After Paris, an acoustic duo playing a variety of contemporary rock tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Singer. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting pop singer, Taylor Jackson, on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Teen Poetry. The Embark Center for Self-Directed Education is hosting Teen Poetry Open House so grab the mic and "speak" your favorite original poem. Open to teens ages 12 and up. Concessions will be available.
Location: 103 Loudoun St SW
- 6:00-9:00 Peter Lapp. Black Walnut Brewery is hosting live music with singer/guitarist, Peter Lapp, who specializes in acoustic interpretations of classic and alternative rock songs. Also, the Loudoun Roadrunners with have a booth set up for a fundraiser for Boulder Crest, which is a wellness retreat for combat veterans, located in Bluemont. If you register for the Veteran Day 10K race at their booth, then you will get a discount coupon for Black Walnut Brewery.
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Laurie. Coldwell Banker is hosting Laurie Mangold, a guitarist and flutist, singing a wide array of folk, classic rock and contemporary songs.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with a wine tasting with the Wine Reserve at Waterford, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s they have Michael Eging, who is the author of “The Silver Horn Echoes” book.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Rosewood & Ivory. Designer Goldsmith is hosting Rosewood & Ivory, consisting of siblings, Mayleen and Waylee, performing classical and contemporary music. With more than five years of experience, Mayleen has been playing piano for more than half of her life. Her younger brother Waylee is just as passionate and committed to the guitar, so together, they are Rosewood & Ivory.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 Voodoo Blues. Loudoun Brewing Company is featuring The Voodoo Blues, a band featuring New Orleans Funk and Jazz, Blues, 60's Soul and Southern Rock, who play in Northern Virginia, Western Maryland and Southern Pennsylvania.
Location: 310 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Fine Gallery is celebrating their grand opening with a ribbon cutting event at 6:30 with the Mayor of Leesburg. Plus their art exhibit will be by artist, Danny Ferrell and live music with Singer, Brett Stockman. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 New Photo Exhibit. Photoworks is hosting a new photography exhibit entitled “The Way I See It” Photo Show by owner, Neil Steinberg along with live music by Jamie Gregory, playing an array of classic rock tunes.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Reception. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for oil painter, Pattee Hipschen and potter, Carrie Althouse, as both of their exhibits will be on display throughout the month of November. Also, enjoy wine tasting with Sunset Hills Winery and live music by the Jazz Duo, Mike & Dave Gassmann.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Pulp Fiction. The Tryst Gallery is hosting their new exhibit entitled Pulp Fiction, featuring over 60 works of different mediums by over 30 artists and which will be on display throughout the month. Stop by this cool art gallery, as there is always something new around every corner. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-8:00 History Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an open house to showcase the wide array of things you can make at this local makerspace. You can take a tour and get involved with one of their interactive demonstrations. Check out their wood shop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, and ceramics studio. Makersmith is building a community of Makers by providing a facility with tools, training and other enabling resources.
Location: 106 Royal St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Open House. The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house so stop by to try one of the delicious protein shakes, as this is a great recovery shop for fitness workouts with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Style. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 6:30 to 8:30, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. The Tasting Room at Palio is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern country music, as well as classic rock and alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Be Beauty is hosting an open house event and celebrating their new location on South King Street, where you can get beauty and fashion all in one stop. Enjoy some light refreshments, while you check out their cool custom foundations and other fabulous makeup, along with the many great services they offer.
Location: 11A S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-8:00 Frozen Treats! Cultured is celebrating First Friday at their frozen yogurt and healthy soup shop, located near Mom's Apple Pie. Stop by to taste free samples of their "real frozen yogurt," which is made from wholesome local ingredients, so it's naturally tart and absolutely delicious!
Location: 212A Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and fabulous jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
Live Music Events
... and so much more!