September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
at Lou Lou Boutique
at Black Shutter
School of Rock
at Blue Mountain Café
at Tally Ho Theater
at Century 21 Redwood
Ellen James at
Very Virginia Shop
at Georgetown Café Patio
at Old Town Grill
at Pittsburgh Rick’s
Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings at Kings Tavern
Shoe's Cup and Cork
at Leesburg Vintner
Gary Rudinsky at
King Street Coffee
Hard Swimmin' Fish
at the Cajun Experience
at Georgetown Café
Jan and Jeff at
Designer Goldsmith (Market Station)
at Doener Bistro
Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, September 4, 2015
- 6:30-8:30 Improv Fun! Sona Bank is hosting a theater performance by the StageCoach Bandits, of the StageCoach Theatre Company, performing improv comedy. Stop by to check out this amazing troupe and join in the laughter. Light refreshments served.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Team Mathias. Windy City Red Hots is hosting an event in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness month with a table set up for Team Mathias, whose mission is to raise awareness for all childhood cancers. September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and everyone needs to know it’s not rare and that kids get cancer too. Please remember to donate blood this year and “Go Gold” in September, to support the kids that are fighting for their lives.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Irish Music. Trinity House Café is featuring the Capital Celtic trio, playing a mix between Irish traditional music, soft Irish ballads such as Danny Boy and Fields of Athenry, to the fun sing-along pub songs, such as Whiskey in Jar, Wild Irish Rover, and more. The trio consists of a fiddle, flute and acoustic guitar, with both male and female vocals.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 7:00-9:00 Barber Shop Music. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting the barber shop quartet, LoCo4, Loudoun County's premier a cappella group, singing in four part harmony. They sing barbershop and doo-wop, as well as some spiritual and show tunes, all over northern Virginia.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 School of Rock! Blue Mountain Café is featuring live music on their back patio, with the House Band from School of Rock, playing a wide array of rock-n-roll tunes.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Wine and Song. Very Virginia Shop is hosting wine tasting with Casanel Vineyards and harp music by Ellen James performing traditional Irish tunes and classical songs on her Celtic harp. Plus sample some delicious Virginia-made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S. King St
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Guitarist. Century 21 Redwood Realty is hosting an open house showcasing their new location and hosting live music with rock guitarist, Brad Horan playing a variety of rock, blues, flok and some country just to mix it up a little.
Location: 17 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 ELSA! Pangle & Associates is featuring Elsa, the princess from Frozen, along with other actors and actresses from the TheaterPalooza Company, performing songs and excerpts from their Broadway Bound production, along with numbers from their recent summer productions. Theaterpalooza has performed at Walt Disney World, New York City, the Tree Lighting at The White House, as well as Carnegie Hall. Stop by Pangle’s backyard for some family fun and some yummy frozen treats!
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Moonlit Mile. Pittsburgh Rick’s is featuring Moonlit Mile, a duet playing a mix of classic and modern rock, country and pop. Moonlit Mile is an acoustic duet comprised of Valerie Irons (vocals/percussion) and Timothy James (guitar/vocals).
Location: 116 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music on the Porch. Sugar Magnolia is hosting an outdoor concert on their patio with Always Looking, a four piece band playing blues and some good old fashion rock.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Crooner Music. The Old Town Grill is featuring Frank Lombardi, of Crooners, Inc., performs songs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Nat King Cole and Michael Bublé. Frank croons throughout Northern Virginia at private events, country clubs, and weddings.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Outdoor Music. Home Helpers is hosting an outdoor concert on their front lawn with live music with vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of jazz tunes. Also performing are several of Larisa Mangione Music Studio’s students, playing a variety of pieces.
Location: 101 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 New Art! Loudoun Street Studios is hosting an open house showcasing the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who are both in the Loudoun Sketch Club and feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Live Music. The Georgetown Café is hosting an outdoor concert on their back patio and featuring Frayed Knots, a five piece band, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. The band consists of members of the St. James Episcopal Church and played to rave reviews at last year's Shocktober Haunted House.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Live Music. Georgetown Café is hosting the classically-trained vocalist Christina Summers, who sings Broadway tunes and ballads.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Kid Bands! Coldwell Banker is featuring live music with kid musicians from the Bach to Rock/South Riding School. Several bands consisting of kids ages 8 to 12 will perform on rotation throughout the evening. Plus family friendly activities such as a coloring and activity table for kids. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting a wine tasting event with Dry Mill Winery.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 7:00-9:00 Jan and Jeff. Designer Goldsmith is hosting the popular guitar duo, Jan & Jeff, performing from their wide repertoire of songs, from classic rock to contemporary to bluegrass and old standards. Refreshments served.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Artisan Demonstration. The Loudoun Museum is featuring an artisan demonstration with local artist, Debbie Cadenas and her paintings of fox hunting, sporting art and animals, especially pets and farm. She will demonstrate live painting from photographs of animals and landscapes. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Photo Exhibit. Photoworks is featuring a cool photography exhibit, along with live music by the jazz band known as Surprise Attack. Plus wine tasting with Lost Creek Winery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St
- 7:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. The author for September is Jillian Holland and her book, Neptune’s Army – Sing Along with Mr. Crab.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Play Games! IndED Academies is hosting an open house event during Leesburg's First Friday! Come play Minecraft programmed with US Presidential trivia, and learn the importance of being a good citizen and check out their Young Entrepreneurs lab. IndED Academies will also be sharing information on the inaugural after-school class, "What it Means to be a Citizen", starting this fall.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Live Music. Crooked Run Brewing, downtown’s cool little pub, is hosting Chris the DJ, spinning the tunes while you enjoy the finest locally made beers.
Location: Market Station-Lower Level.
- 7:00-10:00 Old Dominion Trio. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music the Old Dominion Trio, playing a wide array of contemporary jazz tunes.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is hosting an outdoor open house with specials and live music from 5:30-6:30 by the classically-trained vocalist, Christina Summers, who sings Broadway tunes. They are also featuring Peruvian food which will be available for sampling and for purchase through Misky Catering, a new, delicious catering company that has recently opened. Stop by to shop to help support all the good charities that Blossom and Bloom supports.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Julia. Black Shutter is hosting live music by locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. She now has a successful solo career with a focus on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rockn-roll.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this shop which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Sunflowers! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house featuring local art by Jill Perla, who is known for her awesome floral paintings. Stop by to say hello to Peggy, and check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open Mike. Groove Music Lessons and Recording Studio is hosting an open mike night for Leesburg First Friday. Stop by this new business to welcome them to downtown.
Location: 205 Edwards Ferry Road
- 6:00-9:00 Rock Music. Shoe's Cup and Cork is featuring the acoustic guitar duo known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and Laurie Mangold, playing a wide array of classic rock songs.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 6:30-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Art Exhibit. The Hopps Art Lounge (formerly known as Night Gallery) is hosting a unique collection of art by owner, Kevin Dunn along with other local artists. Light refreshments.
Location: 18 S. King St. (upper level)
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician and Loudoun County High School teacher, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of rock music, along with some of his musical friends. Also, be sure to check out the art on display on their walls by a local artist.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music with a Latin beat and an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live from 7-9 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. TW Firearms is hosting an open house to showcase their numerous products and services. Stop by to check them out.
Location: 26 S. King Street - upper level.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The 24 Hour Watch and Clock Repair Store, a new shop on Market Street, is hosting an open house to showcase their specialty watch, clock, and jewelry repairs.
Location: 18 W. Market St.
- 6:00-8:30 Art Open House. Gleedsville Art Publishers is hosting an art open house featuring paintings and drawings by local artists such as Catherine Thomas, Sue Kelleher, Bill Schmidt, Antony Andrews and Grant Hacking.
Location: 5 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Friday Night Sew-cial. Finch Sewing Studio is featuring a sew-cial, which is a fun place to work on sewing projects with others and to get help from one of the studio's expert staff. They have the sewing machines and tools on site and are happy to help you get started on a new project or with a project you bring from home.
Location: 102 W. Location St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is featuring the art of the lead instructor from the Leesburg School of Photography, Thomas Ramsay and the premier of his Expressions of Light exhibit.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
28 Live Music Events
6 Art Exhibits
5 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...