Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, August 5, 2016
- 6:00-9:00 Grand Opening! Black Walnut Brewery is celebrating their grand opening with a ribbon cutting event with the Town’s Mayor and with live music by Noel Hopkins with his authentic throwback rock-n-roll. Stop by to welcome this new brewery to downtown and enjoy a piece of cake with your beer!
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Julia! The Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting is hosting locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. She now has a successful solo career with a focus on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rock-n-roll.
Location: 1 Loudoun St SE
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz! Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting an outdoor concert on their front porch with the Sway Jazz Cats, from Arlington, playing a variety of jazz music ranging from early-era swing to funk and contemporary pieces.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Beach Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring Frayed Knots, a five piece band, playing a wide range of acoustic tunes from rock and folk to bluegrass and blues. The band consists of members of the St. James Episcopal Church and is a popular local favorite.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Expo. Makersmiths is hosting an expo on making a wide variety of things. Stop by to learn about your local maker space; which will have a wood shop, metal shop, 3D printing, CAD, CNC, crafts, ceramics and glass blowing.
Location: 207 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery! Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the Washington, DC region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County Virginia. Stop by their very first open house event during August’s First Friday. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Southern Blues. Trinity House Café is featuring singer/guitarist, Dave Alan Lange, with special guests, Dave Stoll and Jace Lange, playing some raw southern blues and rock, which is also known as the American Rust-Belt Blues.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 7:00-9:00 Annie! Designer Goldsmith is hosting live music outside on the lower level deck of Market Station, with singer/songwriter, Annie Stokes playing a wide array of rock, pop and folk tunes on acoustic guitar.
Location: Market Station
- 7:00-9:00 Irish Harp Music. Very Virginia Shop is featuring vocalist, Ellen James on Celtic harp, performing classical music, as well as folk songs and Irish ballads. Also enjoy Lola Cookies and Treats and their world famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie! Plus sample over ten types of Virginia peanuts and other yummy gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Outdoor Concert. The Georgetown Café is featuring hosting Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Diner Open! The Leesburg Diner is featuring Laurie Mangold, playing a wide array of classic rock songs, that you can sing along to.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Classical Tunes. The Old Town Grill is hosting classical guitarist, Matt Bosek, performing an array of classical songs, along with some contemporary tunes.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 America’s Songbook. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. “Fly Me to the Moon,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” and “That’s Amore” are some of the great songs you’ll enjoy. He performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rockabilly. Senor Ramon Taqueria, downtown’s newest casual restaurant, is hosting live music on their back patio with the King Street Kats, a local rockabilly band that plays big guitars and sings high-energy songs - rock-n-roll songs about girls, dancing and cars.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Acoustic Tunes. Coldwell Banker is featuring singer/guitarist, Dave Koroma, singing a variety of pop, rock and blues tunes on acoustic guitar. Plus family friendly activities such as a coloring/activity table for kids. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 The Jazz Singer. Blue Mountain Café is hosting the amazing jazz vocalist, Monique Ray, accompanied by Chris Mangione, on guitar, playing a wide array of lively jazz tunes.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9 with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz Combo. Sona Bank is hosting the Generational Jazz Combo, which is a talented group of young musicians from the metropolitan area, that performs a fusion of Jazz, Blues, Latin, and Funk genres.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:30-9:30 Gary Smallwood. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring locally acclaimed, singer/guitarist, Gary Smallwood. His style of music consists of Classic Rock, Country Rock, soulful Blues Rock or what he likes to call: “flat out guitar-driven rural contemporary music.” He sometimes will incorporate soul, R&B, funk, country and ‘show tunes’ into his playing. He usually plays over 200 shows a year.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Tunes. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting singer, Taylor Jackson on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Long Time Loudoun. Photoworks is hosting an event titled – Longtimers of Loudoun, as a celebration of their 37th year in business. Everyone is invited to bring their own photos to add to the show and share your memories. Newtimers to Loudoun are, of course, also welcome! Music will be provided by oldtimers - Hippieman Dave, Rob Remington, and Peter Gustafson, as they will be rocking some great music throughout the night. Also enjoy the award-winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Jessica! Sugar Magnolia is featuring live music by singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing soulful pop and R&B songs, along with some of her own original tunes. Jessica is a student at Potomac Falls High School, who was recently accepted to the Berklee College of Music.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display on the walls by a local photographer, Steven Welti.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Americana Blues. Pangle and Associates is featuring Mosby Territory playing folk, bluegrass, and rock. The duo features Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica, and mandolin and accompanied by his wife, Alona on vocals, percussion, and keyboard. Refreshments offered.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Folk Music. Stockman Title is hosting singer/guitarist, Peregrine North, performing a mixture of original and traditional folk music from England, Ireland, and Scotland.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 7:00-10:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-10:00 Local Brew. Crooked Run Brewing, downtown’s littlest cool pub, is featuring new craft beers along with some cool music tunes. Stop by to try some of the finest locally made beers, crafted on-site by the owner, Jake.
Location: Market Station-Lower Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Sunflowers! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house featuring local art by Jill Perla, who is known for her awesome floral paintings. Stop by to say hello to Peggy, and check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Paint! The Cooley Gallery is featuring a new art exhibit of water color paintings by Chris Carr, which look so real you will think they are photographs. Plus wine tasting with Casanel Winery. Stop by to check out their beautiful gallery and pick up information on their other upcoming events and art classes.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with Cana Winery of Middleburg, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event with Mine Craft games for the kids to play. Also take a quick tour of their learning library and learn more about their other upcoming children’s programs.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Discovery Room! The Loudoun Museum is featuring the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 7:00-9:00 Meet the Author. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is Michael B. Judkins and his book, Interlude to Sentimental Me, which is a book of poetry.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers and showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausages and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous antique and home decor store, is hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this cool shop, which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Vape Social! Zootie’s Vapors & Arcades is hosting an open house featuring their wide array of e-liquids. Stop by to check out the only place to hang out in downtown Leesburg, while playing some cool video arcade games.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
28 Live Music Events
7 Art Exhibits
5 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...