Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, September 1, 2017
- 6:00-9:00 Go Gold! Windy City Red Hots is hosting an event in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness with a table set up for Team Mathias, whose mission is to raise awareness for all childhood cancers. September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, so please remember to donate blood this year and “Go Gold” in September, to help support the kids that are fighting for their lives.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Theater Show. Sona Bank is hosting performances by the Theaterpalooza Perfoming Arts Company, featuring songs and excerpts from their Broadway Bound production, along with numbers from their recent summer productions. Theaterpalooza's Broadway Bound has performed at Walt Disney World, New York City, The White House, as well as Carnegie Hall.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-8:00 Harp Music. The Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting vocalist, Ellen James on Celtic harp, performing classical music, as well as folk songs and Irish ballads. Stop by to hear some great music and check out all their great deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Free Chair Mini Massages! The Protein Bar, downtown’s nutrition shop, is hosting a fun open house with free chair mini massages by Beth of Peaceful Place Massage. Also, Claire of FitFoods, will be discussing her awesome high protein meal prep packages and offering free tastings! Plus stop by to try one of the delicious protein shakes, as this is a great recovery shop for fitness workouts with supplements, an oxygen bar, and of course a protein bar.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 7:00-9:00 Show Tunes & Doggie Treats! The Very Virginia Shop is featuring the classically-trained vocalist, Christina Summers, who sings Broadway show tunes, along with some classical ballads and opera songs. Plus meet Brady Moineau, a student who was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes and who now bakes Brady’s Barking Biscuits, all-natural homemade dog biscuits to raise money in order to get a life-saving service dog. So stop by to buy some treats for you own dog. Plus, sample some yummy gourmet foods – all made in the state of Virginia.
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Tom O’Neil. The Blue Mountain Café is hosting acoustic guitarist, Tom O’Neil, of O’Neil Architects, singing a variety of classic rock songs from yesterday and today.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Laurie! Black Hoof Brewing, downtown’s newest craft brewing pub, is featuring Laurie Mangold, a guitarist and flutist, singing a wide array of folk, classic rock and contemporary songs.
Location: 11 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Benefit. Home Helpers of Leesburg is hosting live music from some of the musicians who will be performing at this year’s BENEFIT Loudoun event on 9/16, which is the music festival to raise funds and awareness for community needs, The big event will feature artists such as Todd Wright, Big Bad Juju, Frayed Knots, Juliana MacDowell, drumfish and HalfKing Emerging Artists. Stop by to learn more about the upcoming BENEFIT event and how you can help others in need.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Violin and Cello. Coldwell Banker is hosting the Eight Strings Duet, consisting of violinist, Ted Froelich, of Shenandoah University and Cellist, John Ortman, of Loudoun County High School, performing classical songs and some contemporary tunes.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:30-8:30 Piano Tunes. Trinity House Café is hosting Kelly DeAngioletti, an 11th grader at Tuscarora High School, who is an accomplished pianist, playing show tunes, contemporary pop, along with some classical songs.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-9:00 Banjo and More! Black Walnut Brewery is hosting Dan Cronin and his upbeat acoustic show blurring the lines from blues to bluegrass, roots, rags, folk and old favorites. Dan Cronin brings several instruments – banjo, guitar, and harmonica, to keep everyone tapping their toes.
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Singer. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting pop singer, Taylor Jackson, on acoustic guitar, playing some contemporary pop and modern rock songs.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. The Fine Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, is featuring a mixed media art show by New York artist, Anthony Young. This gallery is equal parts contemporary art gallery and educational art provider, focusing on an immersive art learning experience. Plus they are hosting a wine tasting event by The Ashburn Wine Shop.
Location: 9 Royal St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Just South of Seven. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 Rockin’ Crabs. Captain Catoctin’s Crab & Concoctions, downtown’s only Maryland crab restaurant is featuring an outdoor concert by Red White & Blues, a blues/rock band from Purcellville featuring Rich DiStefano, Jim Donlon, Jeff Munzell, Eric Werling, Jody Bell, Steve Shaughnessy. They play classic rock, blues, country and anything with a little twang in it.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-9:30 Crooked Angels. Leesburg Brewing Company is hosting live music with the Crooked Angels, an acoustic guitar duo, consisting of Jamie Potter and Amy Sullivan, playing the blues and roots music.
Location: 2C W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Jazz Duo. The Lightfoot Restaurant is featuring a jazz duo of Caleb Nei on Piano & Kevin Johnson on Bass, playing an array of fabulous jazz tunes.
Location: 11 N. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Outdoor Rock! King’s Tavern is hosting an outdoor concert on their big back patio with the rock band, Corvair, playing such rock classics as Pretty Woman, Bad Moon Rising and Stuck in the Middle with You.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Vintage Music. Dig! Records & Vintage is hosting an open house featuring his used LP's, 45's, vintage clothing and a selection of turntables, receivers and audio gear. They specialize in PUNK, 60's Garage, Psych, Soul/funk, Jazz, Alternative, Hip-Hop and of course, Rock-n-Roll. Get on down to this awesome shop to check out the tons of 45's from the 50's, 60's, and 70's, as they buy, sell and trade 7-inch, 10-inch, 12-inch, and Cassette Tapes.
Location: 212C Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Duo. Senor Ramon Taqueria is featuring Mosby Territory, a duo of Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica and accompanied by his wife, Alona on vocals, percussion, and keyboard. As a songwriting team, they write in a variety of musical styles and cover topics from humorous satire to gritty stories of real life.
Location: 15 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Guitarist, Tony Greenfield. Black Shutter Antique Center is hosting guitarist/singer, Tony Greenfield, performing from his repertoire of over 200 songs, ranging from classic rock to country and bluegrass to some old American standards.
Location: 1 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with a wine tasting with Bogati Bodega, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. The Tasting Room at Palio is hosting live music by the City Limits Jazz Trio, featuring locally acclaimed Andrew Hart, as the piano man.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:30-8:30 Julia! Designer Goldsmith is hosting locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. She now has a successful solo career with a focus on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rock-n-roll.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 The Crooner. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. “Fly Me to the Moon,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” and “That’s Amore” are some of the great songs you’ll enjoy. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
6:30-8:30 Rosewood & Ivory. Stockman Title is hosting Rosewood & Ivory consisting of siblings, Mayleen and Waylee, performing classical and contemporary music. With more than five years of experience, Mayleen has been playing piano for more than half of her life. Her younger brother Waylee is just as passionate and committed to the guitar, so together, they are Rosewood & Ivory.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Jazzy Tunes. The Leesburg Diner is hosting vocalist Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazzy and fun songs.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 5:00-8:00 History Open House. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Local Potters. Resourceful Woman is hosting the Leesburg Vintage Potters which is made up of a talented group of senior citizens from the Leesburg Senior Center, that hand-build and hand-paint beautiful pottery items. These unique items are reasonably priced and make great gifts for all occasions. As a non-profit group, all proceeds benefit the Senior Center ceramics studio.
Location: 11-A Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 CATS! Photoworks is hosting a fun Mother and Daughter photography exhibit featuring Doris Kidder and KD Kidder’s fabulous photos – mostly about CATS! Also they are featuring some awesome Blues music with Fast Eddie and Dave the Hippieman.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 5:30-9:00 Sweet Art Gallery. Art Sweet Art is featuring the works of emerging artists and sweetened by delicious treats. Art and chocolate is a great combination! Stop by to check out all the cool art and sweet chocolates!
Location: 2B W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork by painter, Neha Mago on display this month inside the coffee shop.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Violin Music. The Old Town Grill is hosting live music by classical guitarist, Matthew Mills, who composes music with the influence of Flamenco guitar in every piece.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Reception. The Cooley Gallery is hosting an artist reception for photographer, Golie Mianee and her series of Buddah's, Architecture, Washington D.C. and abstract images. Also check out the new art from ceramic artist, Kate Fisher. The exhibit will run through September 30th.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Casablanca. The Tryst Gallery is hosting their Casablanca show, featuring over 60 works of different mediums by over 30 artists and which will be on display until the last week of September. Stop by this cool art gallery, as there is always something new to see around every corner. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. 27 South Interiors is hosting wine tasting with the Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Be Beauty is hosting an open house event and celebrating their new location on South King Street, where you can get beauty and fashion all in one stop. Enjoy some light refreshments, while you check out their cool custom foundations and other fabulous makeups along with the many great services they offer.
Location: 11A S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned soda tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Ashby Mae Children’s Boutique is hosting an open house featuring their newly arrived fashion with lots of adorable items. Stop by to check out this fabulous boutique that specializing in clothing, accessories and gifts for infants and children.
Location: 3 Loudoun St. Upper Level
- 6:00-8:00 Frozen Treats! Cultured is celebrating First Friday at their frozen yogurt and healthy soup shop, located near Mom's Apple Pie. Stop by to taste free samples of their "real frozen yogurt," which is made from wholesome local ingredients, so it's naturally tart and absolutely delicious!
Location: 212A Loudoun St. SE
- 5:30-8:30 Free Open Gaming. The Leesburg Hobbies & Collectibles Shop is hosting an exciting night of "table top war games" by providing gamers a friendly place to meet and compete against each other, while helping to advance players in not only game strategy, but also in modeling, painting and sportsmanlike conduct.
Location: 9 W. Market St.
27 Live Music Events
9 Art Exhibits
4 Wine Tastings
... and so much more!