Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, February 3, 2017
- 7:00-9:00 Barber Shop Music. Old Dominion Chorus, Loudoun County's premier a cappella group, will be strolling around downtown, singing in four part harmony. They sing barbershop and doo-wop, as well as some spiritual and show tunes.
Location: All around downtown
- 6:30-9:30 Teddy Chipouras. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring locally acclaimed singer/songwriter, Teddy Chipouras, playing his unique blend of folk Americana tunes. He is a recent graduate of Woodgrove High School, and has just released his first EP, Rolling Hills, which includes six of his original songs.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:15-8:15 Harp Music. Lou Lou Boutique is featuring vocalist, Ellen James on Celtic harp, performing classical music, as well as folk songs and Irish ballads.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Blues Guitarist. Blue Mountain Café is featuring singer/songwriter, Willie White, playing a wide array of rock songs and blues tunes.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Lets Get Rowdy! MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring RowdyAce, a three piece band playing music from the 70’s through today. Known locally for playing at Smokehouse Live, they are now ready to play the big time in historic downtown.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 7:00-9:00 Frank Lombardi. Georgetown Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. The “Crooner” performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events throughout the area.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Laurie Mangold. The Leesburg Diner is hosting live music with the singer/songwriter, Laurie Mangold, on acoustic guitar, playing an array of classic rock songs.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Rock Tunes. Very Virginia Shop is hosting singer/guitarist, Spencer Scruggs, playing an array of modern rock songs, along with some of his own originals. Also Lola Cookies and Treats will have her famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie, freshly baked for First Friday customers. Plus you can sample over 20 types of Virginia peanuts and other yummy gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music with acoustic guitarist, Jason Masi and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine and Music. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live music from 7-9, with vocalist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic guitar folk/rock covers in the region for more than 15 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazzy Tunes. Trinity House Café is hosting vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, along with some of her music students, all playing a wide array of jazz and holiday tunes.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. The Cooley Gallery is hosting a new art exhibit featuring painter, Rene Dickerson and Sculptor, Alyssa Imes. Dry Mill Winery will be offering wine tasting and bottles for purchase.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Classic Guitar. Senor Ramon Taqueria, is featuring live music with classical guitarist Hart Wells, the director of guitar studies at Potomac Falls High School, performing a wide array of guitar repertoires from Renaissance to present day music.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Winter’s Tale Art Exhibit. Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the Washington, DC region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County Virginia. This month’s show is titled Winter’s Tale. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Handmade with Love. Coldwell Banker is presenting several local vendors who are talented artists and crafters with an event called Handmade with Love. Stop by to start your holiday shopping early. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Stand with Standing Rock. Photoworks is hosting an art fundraiser for Standing Rock along with live music with Fast Eddie and Hippieman Dave. Plus enjoy the award-winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard and shoulder massages by Laura Dutton.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool photography on display by Donna Johnson.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-8:00 Fun with Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and be sure to check out the selection of free books!
Location: 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event featuring chess, civics and a 3D printer. Stop by for a quick tour of their learning library and hear more about their children’s programs, such as their Leadership Workshops.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 5:00-8:00 Open House with Tea. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Meet Local Authors. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is Cyndi Turner who is Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner and Master Addiction Counselor and she will be discussing the book, Can I Keep Drinking? How You Decide When Enough is Enough.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
And Many More First Friday Events To Be Announced Soon!