Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, September 2, 2016
- 6:00-9:00 Team Mathias.
Windy City Red Hots is hosting an event in honor of Childhood Cancer Awareness month with a table set up for Team Mathias, whose mission is to raise awareness for all childhood cancers. September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month so please remember to donate blood this year and “Go Gold” in September, to support the kids that are fighting for their lives.Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Outdoor Concert. Pangle & Associates is featuring an outside concert with The Johnny Artis Band, which is well known in the Mid-Atlantic region for their fun loving brand of R&B. Also they are serving pizza made by Paisano and cold brews by Dog Money Restaurant & Brewery.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Show Tunes. The Black Shutter Antique Center is featuring the classically-trained vocalist, Christina Summers, who sings Broadway tunes, Disney songs, along with some classical ballads and opera songs.
Location: 1 Loudoun St SE
- 6:30-8:30 Acoustic Guitar. Stockman Title is hosting singer/guitarist, Dave Koroma, singing a variety of pop, rock and blues tunes on acoustic guitar.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Jazz Tunes. The Georgetown Café is featuring vocalist, Larisa Mangione accompanied by her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of lively jazz tunes and rock classics.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:30-9:30 Gary Smallwood. Leesburg Brewing Company is featuring locally acclaimed, singer/guitarist, Gary Smallwood. His style of music consists of Classic Rock, Country Rock, soulful Blues Rock or what he likes to call: “flat out guitar-driven rural contemporary music.” He sometimes will incorporate soul, R&B, funk, country and ‘show tunes’ into his playing. He usually plays over 200 shows a year.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Beach Concert. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring Just South of Seven, playing spirited guitar driven rock, rhythm and blues from the 60s to the present day. Whether serving up covers of rock's legendary pioneers or ripping out the edgier alternative and punk infused barn burners, Just South of Seven is sure to have you singing and dancing along.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Jazz! Trinity House Café is featuring outdoor concert with the Sway Jazz Cats, from Arlington, playing a variety of jazz music ranging from early-era swing to funk and contemporary pieces.
Location: 101 E. Market St. (corner of Market and Church St.)
- 7:00-9:00 Irish Harp Music. Very Virginia Shop is featuring vocalist, Ellen James on Celtic harp, performing classical music, as well as folk songs and Irish ballads. Also enjoy Lola Cookies and Treats and their world famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie! Plus sample over ten types of Virginia peanuts and other yummy gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S King St.
- 7:00-9:00 GLAURIE. Designer Goldsmith is hosting live music outside on the lower level deck of Market Station, with the acoustic guitar duo known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and Laurie Mangold, playing an array of classic rock songs.
Location: Market Station
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery! Tryst Gallery, downtown’s newest art gallery, exhibits, represents, and promotes artists from the Washington, DC region, with a focus on art produced right here in Loudoun County Virginia. Stop by to check out this cool new gallery. Light refreshments offered.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Music and Wine. 27 South Interiors is hosting live music by rock guitarist, Nathaniel Davis and wine tasting with Stone Tower Winery. Stop by their lovely home décor boutique, which features high quality home furnishings and accessories, made all around the globe.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Brewery! is hosting live music on their patio with Rock-n-Roll with Noel and his authentic throwback sound. Stop by to check out this cool new brewery in historic downtown!
Location: 210 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:30 Live Music. The Leesburg Diner is featuring acoustic guitarist, Jay Forbes, singing a variety of styles, ranging from classic rock, pop, blues, and country.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Folk Music. The Old Town Grill is hosting singer/guitarist, Peregrine North, performing a mixture of original and traditional folk music from England, Ireland, and Scotland.
Location: 15 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Jazz Tunes. Georgetown Café is featuring vocalist, Larisa Mangione accompanied by her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of lively jazz tunes and rock classics. vocalist, Monique Ray, accompanied by Chris Mangione, on guitar, playing a wide array of lively jazz tunes.
Location: 21 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Pop Tunes. Lou Lou Boutique is hosting singer, Faith Payson accompanied by Jimmy Wehmann on guitar, playing contemporary pop and modern rock songs. Both are students at Tuscarora High School.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Zachary! Sugar Magnolia is featuring live music on their front porch with singer/guitarist, Zachary Jones playing an array of rock and jazz tunes along with some of his originals. Zachary is currently a student at Tuscarora High School.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Wine. Photoworks is hosting a unique art exhibit by Francine Sheedy, whose paintings and collages will be on display. Also enjoy the award-winning wines of Lost Creek Vineyard.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous home decor store, is hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this cool shop, which specializes in recycled and repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rock Duo. Senor Ramon Taqueria, downtown’s newest casual restaurant, is hosting live music on their back patio with Mosby Territory playing folk, bluegrass, and rock. The duo features Wild Will Williamson on vocals, guitar, harmonica, and mandolin and accompanied by his wife, Alona on vocals, percussion, and keyboard.
Location: 15 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 American Songbook. Blue Mountain Café is hosting Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment. Dedicated to preserving the standards of the American Songbook, Frank performs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, and Nat King Cole. “Fly Me to the Moon,” “You Make Me Feel So Young,” and “That’s Amore” are some of the great songs you’ll enjoy. He performs at private parties, weddings, as well as corporate and charitable events.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine. The Leesburg Vintner hosts monthly wine specials with wine by the glass available for purchase.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Andy Hawk. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Youth Bands. Sona Bank is featuring talented kid musicians from the Bach to Rock/Lansdowne School. Several bands consisting of children ages 8 to 12; will perform on rotation throughout the evening.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of classic rock tunes. Plus, be sure to check out all the cool artwork on display on the walls by the art students of Loudoun County High School.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Piano Music. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music by Martin Gallegos, who is a professional pianist with a Master's Degree in piano performance from George Mason University. He teaches piano at all levels and performs recitals for public and private events.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:30-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:30-8:30 Lost Locals. is featuring a new Leesburg band, the Lost Locals, playing all kinds of rock, blues and funk; featuring a “bunch of middle age parents” - Richard Anderson (lead guitar), Dr. Cary Birkitt (guitar & vocals), Susan Bolejack (vocals), Frank Doane (drums), David Goodrum (guitar & vocals) and Marty Williams (bass). Refreshments offered.
Location: 101 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60'sand 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
6:00-8:00 Crème Soda! The Sunflower Shack is featuring an old fashioned Crème Soda Tasting. Bring the family out to sample over a dozen varieties of nostalgic crème sodas, root beers and sarsaparillas! Enjoy complimentary refreshments, while you browse an array of old fashioned candies and soda pops. Be sure to check out the selection of free books and all kids receive a special treat. 209 Loudoun Street SE
- 6:00-9:00 Ceramic Art. The Cooley Gallery is featuring a new art exhibit of ceramic art by Joseph Sands, who combines the styles of traditional, Southern alkaline glaze ware and East Asian designs. Using two wood-fired kilns, he produces both salt and ash-glazed wares, ranging in size from very large sculptural vases to planters and a variety of beautiful, functional tableware. In 2015, he expanded his creative range to include huge, hand-built sculptural ceramics.
Location: 9 N. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Art Demo! Loudoun Street Studios is showcasing live art demonstrations along with the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. Mesh Omnimedia, Loudoun's premier creative agency, is hosting an open house with wine tasting by Notaviva Vineyards.
Location: 24 N. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting an open house with Cardamon Family Vineyards, along with some light refreshments.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. IndED Academies is hosting an open house event with Mine Craft games for the kids to play. Also take a quick tour of their learning library and learn more about their other upcoming children’s programs.
Location: 7 Loudoun St. SE
- 6:30-8:30 Discovery Room! The Loudoun Museum is featuring the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngsters can enjoy a hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Meet the Author. Books and Other Found Things host monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. This month’s author is Alison Ragsdale and her book, Tuesday’s Socks.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jean Whisperer is hosting an open house event, showcasing a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry. Also visit upstairs, for the newest boutique in downtown, Whisper Wear, which features active wear.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Vape Social. Zootie’s Vapors & Arcades is hosting an open house featuring their wide array of e-liquids. Stop by to check out the only place to hang out in downtown Leesburg, while playing some cool video arcade games.
Location: 19 Wirt St.
- 8:30 Comedy Night. The Tally Ho is hosting a comedy night featuring comedian, Mike Storck who rarely takes things at face value, even the most ordinary of topics are spun into new directions that only Mike’s creatively warped mind could envision. He started his standup comedy career in 1998, in his hometown of Baltimore and then moved to New York City where he quickly made a name for himself in the comedy circuit there. He has performed at the Boston Comedy Festival, the Asheville Comedy Festival, and the Laughing Skull Festival in Atlanta. In 2007 he was the Mid-Atlantic winner of “HBOʼs Lucky 21” contest and is a regularly featured comic on XM Satellite Radio. Also appearing is comedian, Rahmein Mostafavi, who addresses heavy social and political topics with brilliant satire, along with hilarious observational comedy and character voices. He overcomes every crowd with charm, comic timing, and charisma.
Location: 19 W. Market St.
25 Live Music Events
6 Art Exhibits
5 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...