October First Friday is canceled due to the expected storm.
The next Leesburg First Friday will be on 11/6/15.
at Leesburg Brewing Company
Gary Rudinsky at
King Street Coffee
at Blue Mountain Café
King Street Kats at
Blue Mountain Café
Larisa and Chris Mangione
at Shoes Cup and Cork
at Georgetown Café
at Lou Lou Boutique
DC3 at Coldwell Banker Realty
at Pittsburgh Rick’s
at Leesburg Vintner
Hard Swimmin' Fish
at the Cajun Experience
at Old Town Grill
Jan and Jeff at
Designer Goldsmith (Market Station)
at Doener Bistro
Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, signings, and so much more!
Over 45 specialty shops, art galleries, antique shops and restaurants are open until 9pm or later,
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Upcoming First Friday dates for your calendar:
November 6, 2015
December 4, 2015
February 5, 2016
March 4, 2016
October First Friday is canceled BUT the following restaurants and places *will* be open with live music on Friday, October 2.
- 6:30-9:30 Julia! Leesburg Brewing Company is hosting locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. She now has a successful solo career with a focus on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rockn-roll.
Location: 2C W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wall and Frye. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is hosting an indoor concert with the locally acclaimed band, Wall and Frye playing all kinds of rock-n-roll.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Guitarist, Zach Jones. Blue Mountain Café is hosting live music indoors with singer/guitarist, Zachary Jones, playing an array of rock and jazz tunes.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Lola Cookies are Back! Very Virginia Shop is featuring Lola Cookies and Treats and their world famous Ginger Chocolate Chip cookie! Also live music with singer/guitarist, Jessica Endara, playing acoustic pop and rock tunes. Plus sample some delicious Virginia-made gourmet foods.
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Rock-n-Roll. Coldwell Banker is featuring live music with "The DC3" a trio of music business veterans, featuring the best mixture of oldies, country, blues and rock favorites. Also family friendly activities such as a craft room for kids and a refreshment room.
Location: 25 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Wine and Song. Century 21 Redwood Realty is hosting an open house with wine tasting the wines of Greenhill Winery of Middleburg, along with live music by singer/guitarist, Zachary Jones, playing an array of rock and jazz tunes.
Location: 17 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:30-8:30 Brad the Guitar Guy. Pittsburgh Rick’s is featuring rock guitarist, Brad Horan playing a variety of rock, blues, folk and some country just to mix it up a little.
Location: 116 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Moonlit Mile. Georgetown Café is hosting Moonlit Mile, a duet playing a mix of classic and modern rock, country and pop. Moonlit Mile is an acoustic duet comprised of Valerie Irons (vocals/percussion) and Timothy James (guitar/vocals).
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Moonlit Mile. Georgetown Café is hosting Moonlit Mile, a duet playing a mix of classic and modern rock, country and pop. Moonlit Mile is an acoustic duet comprised of Valerie Irons (vocals/percussion) and Timothy James (guitar/vocals).
Location: 19 S. King St. October 2015 FF for Website
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9- 1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Wine Tasting. The Loudoun County Visitors Center is hosting a wine tasting event with the Barns of Hamilton Station.
Location: Market Station – Lower Level.
- 7:00-9:00 Jan and Jeff. Designer Goldsmith is hosting the popular guitar duo, Jan & Jeff, performing from their wide repertoire of songs, from classic rock to contemporary to bluegrass and old standards. Refreshments served.
Location: Market Station - Lower Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:00 Artisan Demonstration. The Loudoun Museum is featuring an artisan demonstration with local artist, Jessica Wilson, and her landscape paintings. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:30-8:30 New Art! Loudoun Street Studios is hosting an open house showcasing the art of three fabulous local painters – Holly Peterson, who paints landscapes and still life in oils, along with Libby Stevens and Remington Restivo, who are both in the Loudoun Sketch Club and feature Loudoun County scenery in their paintings. Light refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St. Upper Level.
- 6:00-9:00 Photos, Wine and Music. Photoworks is featuring a cool photography exhibit, along with the acoustic guitar duo known as GLAURIE, consisting of singer/songwriters, Glenn Stern and Laurie Mangold, playing a wide array of classic rock songs. Plus wine tasting with Lost Creek Winery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Live Music. Crooked Run Brewing, downtown’s cool little pub, is hosting Chris the DJ, spinning the tunes while you enjoy the finest locally made beers.
Location: Market Station-Lower Level.
- 7:00-10:00 Jazz Trio. Palio Steak and Seafood Restaurant is featuring live music the Old Dominion Trio, playing a wide array of contemporary jazz tunes.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 4:00-7:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is holding an open house with special deals and light refreshments.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is one of downtown's fabulous antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this shop which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St. October 2015 FF for Website
- 6:00-9:00 Sunflowers! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house featuring local art by Jill Perla, who is known for her awesome floral paintings. Stop by to say hello to Peggy, and check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open Mike. Groove Music Lessons and Recording Studio is hosting an open mike night for Leesburg First Friday. Stop by this new business to welcome them to downtown.
Location: 205 Edwards Ferry Road
- 6:00-9:00 Jazz Music. Shoe's Cup and Cork is featuring the live music with vocalist, Larisa Mangione with her husband Chris, on guitar, playing a wide array of jazz tunes. Also performing are several of Larisa Mangione Music Studio’s students, playing a variety of pieces.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, who have been making music together for over 15 years, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi to the urban blues of Chicago and to the funk infused blues of New Orleans.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Haunted Art. The Hopps Art Lounge is hosting a unique collection of art by owner, Kevin Dunn, along with a wide variety of other local artists. This month’s theme is Gothic-Steampunk. Light refreshments.
Location: 18 S. King St. (upper level)
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician and Loudoun County High School teacher, Gary Rudinsky, playing a wide array of rock music, along with some of his musical friends. Also, be sure to check out the art on display on their walls by local artist, Leanne Fink.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 10:00-1:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music indoors with a Latin beat with the band, Grupo Ritmo K-Liente along with an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live from 7-9 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals on antiques and other collectibles.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Happy Hour. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating a "Chicago Happy Hour," in downtown Leesburg with cold beers. Also showcasing authentic Chicago style - Hot Dogs, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, Pizza Puff and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St. October 2015 FF for Website
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The 24 Hour Watch and Clock Repair Store, a new shop on Market Street, is hosting an open house to showcase their specialty watch, clock, and jewelry repairs.
Location: 18 W. Market St.
- 6:00-8:30 Art Open House. Gleedsville Art Publishers is hosting an art open house featuring paintings and drawings by local artists such as Catherine Thomas, Sue Kelleher, Bill Schmidt, Antony Andrews and Grant Hacking.
Location: 5 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Friday Night Sew-cial. Finch Sewing Studio is featuring a sew-cial, which is a fun place to work on sewing projects with others and to get help from one of the studio's expert staff. They have the sewing machines and tools on site and are happy to help you get started on a new project or with a project you bring from home.
Location: 102 W. Location St.
- 6:00-9:00 Artist Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is featuring the art of the lead instructor from the Leesburg School of Photography, Thomas Ramsay and the premier of his Expressions of Light exhibit.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
- 8:30 KIX in Concert. The Tally Ho Theater is presenting a concert by KIX, which was founded in 1978 in Hagerstown, Maryland. They later debuted their self-titled album, featuring songs such as, Atomic Bombs, Heartache, Contrary Mary, and Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. They opened regularly for Aerosmith and KISS and were on successful tours with Whitesnake. The album “Hot Wire” arrived in 1991 with the single, Girl Money. Their live album, titled KIX LIVE, was recorded at the University of Maryland in College Park in 1992. Opening for KIX, will be the New York City band, Streetlight Circus. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
Location: 19 W. Market St.
28 Live Music Events
8 Art Exhibits
4 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...
© 2015 Leesburg's First Friday