at Georgetown Café
at Leesburg Diner
at Sona Bank
Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings at Kings Tavern
at Blue Mountain Café
Fast Eddie and Dave Saunders
at Leesburg Vintner
Kid musicians from the Bach to Rock/
at Coldwell Banker
at Lou Lou Boutique
at Sugar Magnolia
Gary Rudinsky & Friends at
King Street Coffee
Jan and Jeff at
at Doener Bistro
at Georgetown Café
Hard Swimmin' Fish
at the Cajun Experience
Different performances and special events every month!
Stroll around historic downtown Leesburg on the First Friday of each month (except January), to enjoy numerous live music performances throughout the town, art exhibits, wine tastings, lectures, book signings, and so much more!
many offering free refreshments and/or special sales.
Events for Friday, April 3, 2015
- 7:00-9:00 Island Tunes. MacDowell Brew Kitchen is featuring live music with Down Island Krew, a Jimmy Buffet type band from Northern Virginia playing a wide array of classic beach and island getaway tunes.
Location: 202-B Harrison St.
- 6:30-8:30 Decorate Your Cookies! Stockman Title and Escrow is featuring Easter cookie decorating for the children, so stop by and make some happy spring cookies to eat now or to take home for the Easter Bunny. Other light refreshments will also be offered.
Location: 1 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Easter Egg Hunt. Pangle and Associates is having a small Easter egg hunt in their backyard for the kids, along with refreshments such as deviled eggs, ham and beverages.
Location: 109 S. King St.
- 6:00-10:00 Kevin Knight. Shoe's Cup and Cork is hosting live music with singer/songwriter, Kevin Knight, playing an array of acoustic tunes on the guitar.
Location: 17 N. King St.
- 7:00-9:00 Crys Matthews. Blue Mountain Café is hosting singer/songwriter, Crys Matthews, whose music is an infusion of Americana, blues, bluegrass, folk and funk, which, as eclectic as it sounds, is reaching people all around the world and causing them to stop and take notice.
Location: 26 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 In the Moment. The Leesburg Diner is hosting a local band known as The Moment, featuring Andrew Hart, Wes O'Quinn and Cyn Tremeau, performing fun pop rock music.
Location: 9 S. King St.
- 6:30-8:30 Barber Shop Harmony. Sona Bank is hosting the Chorus of the Old Dominion, Loudoun County's premier a cappella chorus of men singing in four part harmony. They sing barbershop and doo-wop, as well as some spiritual and show tunes, all over northern Virginia. Refreshments served.
Location: 1 E. Market St.
- 7:00-9:00 Jan and Jeff. Pittsburgh Rick’s is hosting the popular guitar duo, Jan & Jeff, performing from their wide repertoire of songs, from classic rock to contemporary to bluegrass and old standards. Stop by to try out some of their wide array of Pittsburgh specials,
Location: 116 E. Market St.
- 7:00-10:00 Annie! Palio Ristorante Italiano is hosting live music with acoustic singer/songwriter, Annie Stokes playing a wide array of rock, pop and folk tunes on guitar.
Location: 2 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Shop! The Sunflower Shack is hosting an open house to celebration their new location, as they have moved from Hamilton to historic downtown Leesburg. Stop by to welcome Peggy to downtown and to check all her unique treasures. They offer a wide array of home décor, antiques, jewelry and unique gifts.
Location: 209 E. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Made in Virginia! The Very Virginia Shop is sampling some of their fabulous gourmet foods – all made here is the state of Virginia such as BBQ sauce, jellies and of course, big Virginia peanuts.
Location: 16 S. King St
- 6:00-8:30 Kid Bands! Coldwell Banker is featuring live music with kid musicians from the Bach to Rock/South Riding School. Several bands consisting of kids ages 8 to 13 will perform on rotation throughout the evening. Plus family friendly activities such as a coloring contest for kids. Refreshments offered.
Location: 25 S. King St
- 7:00-9:00 Jazz Sax! Lou Lou Boutique is hosting a musical performance by jazz saxophonist, Jordan English, who offers his own unique style of jazz music along with a variety of musical styles from big band to contemporary.
Location: 9 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Music on the Porch. Sugar Magnolia is hosting live music with acoustic singer/guitarist, McKenzie Mees, playing an array of pop and rock tunes.
Location: 1 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Art Gallery. Trisha Adams' Art Studio is hosting an open house event, featuring recent oil paintings by Trisha Adams. Refreshments will be served.
Location: 2A Loudoun St. SW, 2nd Floor
- 6:00-8:30 Open House with Tea. The Loudoun Museum is featuring their history exhibit, showcasing a variety of artifacts from Loudoun County's past centuries. Plus you can join tea artisan, Lisa Scruggs in the log cabin for samples of her unique tea blends. Also open is the Children's Discovery Room, where today's youngster can enjoy a special hands-on history experience, exploring what life was like for children in the 1820's. Free Admission.
Location: 16 Loudoun St. SW
- 6:00-9:00 Camera Cake! Photoworks is hosting an event to celebrate the first birthday of the Leesburg School of Photography. Join the party and enjoy a slice of the most amazing specially-designed camera cake and view some really cool photography images. You can meet the School’s instructors and get your photo questions answered. Plus live music with locally acclaimed and fun musicians, Fast Eddie and Hippieman Dave along with wine tasting with Lost Creek Winery.
Location: 2A W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Book Signing. Books and Other Found Things hosts monthly "meet the author" events with local authors available to discuss and sign copies of their books. The author for April is Clara Bowman-Jahn and her two books, Annie’s Special Day and Edmund Pickle Chin, a tale about a rescued donkey.
Location: 13 W. Loudoun St.
- 7:00-9:00 Hard Swimmin' Fish. The Cajun Experience is featuring live music with the blues trio, The Hard Swimmin' Fish, playing a range of styles covering the country blues of Mississippi and The Piedmont, the urban blues of Chicago, and funk infused varieties with roots in New Orleans' second line.
Location: 14 E. Loudoun St
- 5:30-8:30 New Art Studio. LoCo Art Studios is hosting its second First Friday party to celebrate the opening of their new art studio featuring the artwork of Lisa Strout, John Detrich, Jill Perla, Dana Jansen, Susan Serafin and Bethany Widom. Stop by to check some cool art demonstrations and enjoy some light refreshments.
Location: 312 E. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 New Location. The Reign of Cats & Dogs has moved to a new place which is across the street from their old location. Stop by to check out their new shop and feel free to bring your four-legged friend in for a treat.
Location: 16 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Crooner Tunes. Georgetown Café is hosting featuring Frank Lombardi, of Crooners Entertainment, who will be performing songs in the classic stylings of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Perry Como, Nat King Cole and Michael Bublé. Frank croons throughout Northern Virginia at private events, country clubs, and weddings.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Art and Egg Hunt. The Hopps Art Lounge is hosting an Easter egg hunt. Find an egg, get a prize! (one egg per person) The art theme is month is fantasy animals and influential people. The influential people art is by Kevin Dunn, Dan Mihalko and Matt Slusher. Animals and fantasy animals art by Louis Haas, Liam Harrison, Cindi Scout Byersmith,,Kathy Howsare, Shane Bronson, Morgan Bronson, Jill Perla and John Detrich. Jewelry and other gift items by Kirsten Miller, Amy Claire Juneau and Jasmine Kaur. We also welcome new jewelry artist Lucy Lovell!! Light refreshments.
Location: 18 S. King St. (upper level)
- 7:00-9:00 Outside Concert. Georgetown Café is hosting a concert on their patio, featuring the rock band, Julia and the Ready Boys with locally acclaimed singer/guitarist, Julia Kasdorf, whose powerful vocals are well known from her ten years with the country band, One Horse Town. With her new band, they are focusing on Americana standards, pop tunes and of course, rockn-roll.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-1:00 Live Music. King's Tavern and Wine Bar is hosting locally acclaimed Andy Hawk and his Train Wreck Endings band from 6-8:30, consisting of several local music legends. Afterward, from 9-1am, it's open mike night featuring a wide array of musicians.
Location: 19 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Rudy! King Street Coffee is featuring live music by local musician and Loudoun County High School teacher, Gary Rudinsky, playing an array of rock music along with some of his musical friends. Also, be sure to check out all the cool artwork displayed on the coffee shop’s walls.
Location: 110 S. King St.
- 7:00-10:00 Music and Art. Chimole is featuring music with a Latin beat and an art exhibit that showcases and promotes art from Honduras, with a wide array of paintings and pottery from various Honduran artists.
Location: 10 S. King St
- 6:00-9:00 Music with Wine. The Leesburg Vintner is hosting monthly wine specials with wine by the glass, along with live from 7-9 with singer/guitarist, Cindy McConnell, who has performed acoustic folk/rock covers for more than 10 years.
Location: 27 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Best Rack Around, is hosting an open house event.
Location: Market Station Suite F (upper level - near Tuskies)
- 7:00-9:00 David Davol. Doener Bistro is hosting acoustic guitarist/singer, David Davol, highlighting the Folk-Rock style of the 60's and 70's. He also performs selections of modern Country and Western music, as well as Rock and Alternative tunes. Pick your favorite hits from his 400 song request list.
Location: 202 Harrison St.
- 6:00-7:00 Free Yoga Lesson. Flow Yoga is offering a FREE fun-filled yoga practice, which is open to all experience levels.
Location: Market Station - 3rd floor.
- 5:00-8:00 Open House. The Guest Room is hosting an open house showcasing their wide array of fine furniture, most of which is made in the United States. Also, offering complimentary refreshments.
Location: 201 E. Loudoun St. Suite 100
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. Smooch Studio, downtown's only custom makeup studio, is hosting an open house event. Stop by to learn about making your own custom lip glosses and foundations and check out all the cool makeup products and classes that they have to offer.
Location: Market Station (upper level - near Tuskies)
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Well and Good Wellness is hosting an open house to showcase their organic beauty boutique complete with wellness coaching and eco spa services. Stop by to meet owner, Lauri Bosserman, a registered nurse and certified holistic health coach and ask about how she can help you by connecting the parts that make up the whole you, including relationships, physical activity, careers and spirituality.
Location: Market Station in the Log Cabin
- 6:00-9:00 Art Open House. Medlin Art Gallery is hosting an Art Open House showcasing a large selection of antique prints, maps and original artwork from such nationally-known artists as Mort Kunstler, Mary Hope Worley, Paul Landry, John Paul Strain and P. Buckley Moss. Refreshments served.
Location: 2 E. Loudoun St
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Weathered Elegance, which is downtown's newest antique and home decor shop, will be hosting an open house with specials and refreshments. Stop by to check out this shop which specializes in repurposed items.
Location: 2 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-8:30 Art Open House. Gleedsville Art Publishers is hosting an art open house featuring paintings and drawings by local artists such as Catherine Thomas, Sue Kelleher, Bill Schmidt, Antony Andrews and Grant Hacking.
Location: 5 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The Jeans Whisperer is hosting an open house to celebration their new location which is right next door to their old spot. They offer a wide array of jeans and other accessories such as boots, belts, scarves and jewelry.
Location: 3 W. Loudoun St.
- 6:00-9:00 Chicago Specials. Windy City Red Hots is celebrating Chicago in downtown Leesburg with special authentic Chicago style hot Dogs, Polish Sausage, Italian Sausage, Pizza Puff and Chili-Cheese Fries. Stop by to get a quick bite of Chicago, without traveling 700 miles.
Location: 28 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Antique Open House. Leesburg Antique Emporium is hosting an open house with special deals and refreshments.
Location: 32 S. King St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. TW Firearms is hosting an open house to showcase their numerous products and services. Stop by to check them out.
Location: 26 S. King Street - upper level.
- 8:00-10:00 Glass Blowing. Allura Glass Studio is hosting a live demo of glass blowing by Dario deHoyos, who will be making pendants, ornaments and small sculptures along with a mystery musical guest.
Location: 209 S. King St.
- 6:00-8:00 Open House. Blossom and Bloom Thrift Store is hosting an open house with specials. Stop by to shop to help support all the good charities that Blossom and Bloom supports.
Location: 110 W. Market St.
- 6:00-9:00 Open House. The 24 Hour Watch and Clock Repair Store, a new shop on Market Street, is hosting an open house to showcase their specialty watch, clock, and jewelry repairs.
Location: 18 W. Market St.
- 6:30-10:00 Journey to the Cross. Leesburg United Methodist Church is hosting an experiential, reflective and individually paced "Stations of the Cross" meditative “journey” with a guidebook that leads you on a personal journey with Christ to the cross, step by step, with readings, reflections and brief responses/exercises at each of the fourteen stations. The time needed to complete the journey varies depending on you, generally about 30-45 minutes and it can be done individually or in small group/family. Light refreshments provided.
Location: 107 W. Market Street
- 6:00-9:00 Art Exhibit. The Leesburg Commission on Public Art is featuring the pastel and oil paintings of local artist, Laura Mazer, whose artwork will be on display on the walls of Town Hall’s first floor, through the end of May. Laura graduated from Park View High School in 1986. After earning a BA in Art Education from Shepherd University, she received an MA in Art Education from VCU. Laura has earned recognition for her pastel work in juried art shows at Oatlands Plantation and numerous shows at the former visual arts center, ArtSquare.
Location: 25 W. Market St.
20 Live Music Events
9 Art Exhibits
2 Wine Tastings
... And So Much More ...